Set In Motion

11/8/2021
Before you and Jin leave the house, Jin arouses a groggy and irritated Taehyung from sleep and carefully, yet efficiently, stitches the laceration on his arm. You're worried because Tae hasn't taken any pain meds or anything before Jin works on him, but he surprisingly takes it pretty well. Other than wincing, jerking away occasionally, and some name calling (I.e. "son of a fucking bitch! You think this is funny?"), he powers through it.

At the end of it, Jin wraps his arm in a clean bandage and gives him a hardy slap on the back. "You took it like a champ! You're all set!" He laughs sarcastically.

Taehyung scoffs and leans away from Jin's hand before checking out his arm. "It's not my fault it hurt like a bitch." He grumbles.

You laugh at the sight of him complaining, and he shoots you a playful glare in which you reciprocate.

"Alright lovebirds." Jin groans - rolling his eyes. "Let's go, (Y/n)."

Taehyung looks between the two of you in suspicion. "Where are you two going?" He asks. 

You look to Jin who looks to you and you sigh before answering, "The hospital."

It's not that you don't want to tell him, you don't entirely mind, but you want to keep this as secretive as possible.

Unfortunately he doesn't piece together context clues and he asks for you to elaborate: "Why?

Your eyes glance over to Jin and you anxiously pull at the hem of the shirt you have . "To... y'know...."

Taehyung's gaze bounces between the both as his mouth slightly goes agape. "What do you... oh!" He realizes. "You want me to come with you?"

"No, it'll just be us. If she needed a babysitter, it wouldn't have been you." Jin responds instead.

"You don't know-"

"Don't do anything reckless while I'm gone! The stitches can only hold so well!" Jin yells as he drags you out of the room with him.

You laugh and turn to wave bye to Taehyung who's standing up from the bed as you try to keep up with Jin's pace.

The two of you head into the car and drive.

The drive is silent while you await your destination, yet your mind goes wild with memory of the man you killed. You can distinctly remember how pale his skin became as his life drained out of him. The scarlet red blood shimmered under the moonlit night so hauntingly, you can remember every curl and droplet it made on the man's neck. The terror you felt was indescribable, and you know that it's now that reality is beginning to set in.

"Jin," you whisper as if saying it louder will really bring it to existence "I killed someone last night. It was an accident."

"I saw."

You gulp. "How do you get over something like this? How do you move on? It's eating me up inside, Jin." You admit sadly.

Jin's eyes never leave the road and you look over to see if he even heard what you said after a few moments of silence, then he speaks.

"There isn't much I can say, (Y/n). I can't say I understand how you feel, because I don't." Jin shrugs.

You sigh and lean your head on the window as you watch the trees and buildings pass by.