Empire

5/9/2020
"Ah, you must be miss (Y/n), the infamous lady on the run from the man closest to the man on top. You're a big deal, you know that?" Boss Tuan(?) says.

You, Taehyung, Namjoon, Boss Tuan, and another man have moved from the front of your bedroom door to sit in Namjoon's office (very quaint compared to his old one) to talk - you assume. You and Taehyung sit in the two chairs across from Namjoon at his desk, while Tuan pulls up a chair next to yours, and the other man stands beside him.

You nod your head in acceptance to his statement with barely any eye contact. His gaze on you is intimidating and sizzling as if he's trying to burn through you with an unsettling smile, and so you shift uncomfortably in your seat.

"She is." Namjoon confirms, but the boss doesn't seem satisfied with Namjoon's answer as he abruptly holds his hand up as if to silence him.

"I was talking to the girl." He says. "I need a verbal answer, sweetheart."

With his scrutinizing gaze and words spewed tauntingly, you feel vulnerable all over again like a victim of a predator. You unconsciously shift closer to Taehyung in your seat and play with your fingers as you respond, "I am, s-sir."

"She's cute... almost as cute as my Dawon ." Boss Tuan chuckles - his stare on you still as intense as before. "You can call me Mark, sweets."

Just as Namjoon and Taehyung are beginning to speak, Namjoon finishes his sentence faster:

"She-"

"She has a name, Tuan." Namjoon states with gritted teeth.

Mark laughs, "Your little crush is cute, Kim, but I hear ya."

You're startled at what Mark says and you glance over at Namjoon to catch him with raised eyebrows, but, overall, a neutral expression like usual. Taehyung seems edged a bit by Mark's comment when he purses his lips, but he quickly resorts to a neutral expression as well.

"Anyway, what was it that you had to say?" Namjoon asks.

Mark finally turns away from you and faces Namjoon. "Now that we've gotten through the important business - I'm glad to see the bastards didn't act so quickly. When I think about it, it would've been sad to see those kids go if I were to handle business." At this point, it seems as if he's talking to himself - ready to recruit the boys. "

"Anyway, onto more important business. See, my Dawon told me about her older brother that I wasn't aware of." Connecting the dots, you realize who Mark is talking about...Hoseok. "I assume you know who I'm talking about." Mark smiles with sharp eyes that are ready to pierce through any lie or fib.

"Why is he of any importance?" Namjoon asks.

Mark furrows his brows and scowls before placing an arm on the desk in front of him and leaning forward. "Why is he important? Why is he - he's my fiancée's brother for fucks sakes!" He yells as he slaps his hand on the table. You flinch at the sound but Namjoon and Taehyung barely move. "She wanted me to help you all out so badly until I forced her to tell me why, and she tells me that." His breath is not as audible as before, so you guess that he's calmed down.

"So, what does this all mean because you won't recruit Hoseok unless he's willing to go." Namjoon states with a firm expression.