Hurt

3/23/20

Your POV

Warning: mentions of sexual abuse and, self harm, and implied attempt at suicide

Everything hurts.

When you closed your eyes and succumbed to the darkness, you didn't expect everything to be so dark. You were just mindlessly strolling in the dark, and there wasn't even a tinge of light to guide you — just overwhelming darkness that felt as if it would consume you. You were so sure that man would choke you to death that you were surprised to open your eyes later and be bombarded with a light so bright it had to be artificial.

You saw Tae, and Jungkook, and Jimin, and Jin, and Hobi, and... They were all there, and you were so angry at them. They just stood in front of you with guilt-ridden faces, but it was Namjoon's face that was blanched white as if he had seen a ghost. If they had just executed another plan, you probably wouldn't even be in the situation you're in.

Namjoon.

It was his fault that you're in pain. It was his fault that you don't know where you are. It was all his fault.

Taehyung...you need Taehyung. He could help.

"Tae...? W-what's going on?" You ask in hopes of receiving some clarity.

"Hey, Princess," He whispers as he walks closer to you. Despite how angry you are, you can't help but desire his presence. He makes you feel calm and safe— even with his nuisances. He was the only one that really tried to comfort you during the entire ordeal. "it's alright. They'll be taking care of you. We can't come with you, but we'll be here when you're done, ok?" He assures, but what is he talking about? He can't leave you alone again. What if — what if they hurt you?

He simply can't leave you alone, but of course that's what's going to happen, and there's, of course, nothing you can do about it other than to endure whatever is to come.

They always leave.

So, you just shake your head with sizzling anxiety and crushing disappointment that is pounding down on every inch of your body, which makes you fall weak — drained of energy. Every sound in the room gets thrown into the background as you try to calm yourself down.

"Princess"

"Gotta be worried about what's mine."

"...you're mine, not just mine, but mine."

"No one else can protect you like I will."

"But I'll fuck up.... Just don't leave when I do"

Flashbacks of Taehyung holding you in his embrace and speaking words of adoration and promises seeps into your mind.

He promised to protect you and treat you as best as he can, and you promised to give him a chance and never let go. You don't think you could ever let go, but where is all the protection he promised? Right now, you need him by your side if you're going to get through this. You want — no — you need his comfort. You need his assurance that everything will be alright because you feel as if you're losing your mind.

Soon a voice breaks you out of the brewing storm in your head: " Sweetie, we're just gonna take you to the examination room and get you checked out, alright?" Barely registering what she says, you nod your head in compliance like the good girl you're supposed to be.