Trust

2/26/20

Taehyung's POV
I move from the dead body beneath me and briskly walk towards her unmoving body on the bed. Placing the gun beside her head, I shake her shoulder in hopes of waking her up.

Panic rises at the state of her being, and the blood trickling down the inside of her thighs with the empty syringe that lays near her works as a catalyst.

"(Y/n)!" I whisper as I continue to shake her.

I move to check her pulse, which is faint, but there.

"Aight, hang on, (Y/n)."

Before we leave, I grab the end of the bed sheet and quickly wipe her thighs to rid her of the blood. Pulling up her pants that are hung low on her ankles, I gently throw her over my shoulder before rushing out.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**

Eventually, all of us make it out of the club and we pile into the SUV. Heading back to our safety house, the road trip is silent and heavy aired. No one dares to say a word, and, occasionally, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

The anger and frustration that burns through my skin and permeates my flesh keeps me in constant agitation. I feel so filled with emotion that I could implode, but not a single word trickles out of my mouth to release some of the things that taint my mind.

The state of shock that I'm in is so immeasurable that I don't know how to go about it.

Sympathy. Something like this should've never happened to someone like her. It just shouldn't have. She's just too precious and filled with light to be wrapped in black and stripped of what was left of her jejune innocence.

(Y/n) lies next to me in the very back of the van with her head resting on my lap. I occasionally glance down at her to make sure she's alright through out the drive to the safe house. My hand grazes through the mess of hair atop her head—untangling the knots  gently as if she were awake.

The trust that the group had tried so hard to instill into her is most likely lost with the hope and innocence I'm sure she had.

As her hair moves away from her neck with the movement of my hand, I see irritated red and purple bruising on it.

A harsh wisp of air leaves my mouth as I observe the damage done to her skin. "We need to go to the hospital. She needs to be taken care of, and we don't have those kind of resources."

"That's where we're going, Tae. I'm not going to leave her uncared for." Namjoon responds exasperatedly.

"Wow, I'm surprised you care - fuckin', madness." I mutter with a sarcastic huff of laughter. I comb my hair back with my other hand in frustration and dwell on the reasons for this happening.

Namjoon had sworn he didn't know what to do, so his best plan was to lead (y/n) into this? Ha! Fuckin' unbelievable! From the fucking beginning, he was so keen and concentrated on keeping her safe that I'm surprised he even thought of this at all. Was he doing this as a favor for someone?

"Well, congrats Joon hyung. I hope everything was worth it." I mock with full intention of getting it through to him that I'm beyond pissed at this point.

Surprisingly, no one says a word other than to shift, most likely uncomfortably, in their seats.

*^*^*
Once we reach the hospital, I carry (y/n) out of the car (bridal style), and we wait while Jin calls to inform a personal doctor of our arrival.

"Alright, let's take her inside. He's sent a nurse that'll get her situated." Jin says— gesturing toward (y/n).

Entering the hospital, two nurses greet us and direct me to lay her down in a gurney that they have brought with them. As I lay her down, she begins to stir in my hands, and I watch as her eyes slowly blink open.