Matthew

11/17/18
"Hyung? Who's staying?" A quiet but familiar voice asks.

Namjoon stands straight and turns his back to you as you hug yourself and back into the wall a few inches behind you.

"Ah, I'm glad you asked," Namjoon sighs. "You'll be watching over her." He states bluntly. Jungkook's eyes widen and he struggles to rebut,

"But Hyung, I— Alright." He surrenders. He quickly glances at you and you avert your gaze just as quickly. Yoongi places a hand over his shoulder and he shrugs it off—staring at the floor as his tongue flicks the inside of his cheek.

"I-its ok, I can stay... here by myself." You assure, but based on the unbelieving glances and expressions from some of them, you know that your words wouldn't convince them.

"It's not going to happen. This isn't just for us to keep you from leaving, but it's for your safety as well." Namjoon explains with his back facing you.

"We don't need an added nuisance." Yoongi states with a roll of his eyes and arms crossed across his chest.

Jimin yanks his mask down and turns toward Yoongi: "Hey, she's not a nuisance." He retorts. Taehyung scoffs and looks at Namjoon expectantly.

"Ok, we're done talking about this; time is of the essence," Jin claims. "We'll be back (Y/n)." He cocks his handgun and nods toward Namjoon before leaving the room.

Namjoon walks to the door and raps against the door frame: "Don't Let her out of your sight, Jungkook." He points at him. "Let's file out."

Everyone picks up their weapons from the table and adjust their waistband holsters before leaving you and Jungkook in the storage room.

You shuffle in place uncomfortably before glancing upward and heading toward the door. Jungkook sighs and follows-suit.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asks.

You hesitantly turn to face him as you stop midway up the stairs: "I'm going to my room?" You state unsure of how to answer.

He nods, and you continue up the stairs. You assume that he would leave you once you get to the top of the stairs, but he continues to follow you. You become nervous and quickly glance behind yourself as you walk up the next flight of stairs.

"I-uh have to follow you till you get in your room." Jungkook explains. You nod silently and walk to your room.

As you head inside, Jungkook stops at the door frame and fits his hands in his pant pockets nervously.

"If you-uh need anything, I'll be downstairs." He says before closing the door and leaving you alone with your thoughts.

You let out a huff of breath air as you close your eyes and feel the beating of your heart upon the inside of your ribs—surprisingly normal. It's then, you realize that you could call someone for help. Your phone should be on you after all, right? Your mind, weary and frantic, looks for something to soothe its being and your phone seems to be the solution, even though it's illogical. Your eyes widen and you search yourself for your phone—praying that it might be somewhere on your body. Your hope falls short when you don't find it, but you're insistent that it might be somewhere in the room, so you search for it with the little hope you have left. Once you've finally come to the realization that your phone is no where near here, you sit beside the bed with an exasperated laugh trickling out of your mouth: "Wonderful."

You switch from one uncomfortable pose to the next as you position yourself on the floor. Boredom kicks in to gear, not to long after you've been searching for your phone, and your brain fixes an idea to spring up conversation with your captor downstairs. You chuckle at the ridiculous thought, but your legs don't impede you from executing that action; and before you know it, you're walking down the steps.