Empire Ball Part 3

2/17/21

No. No. No. No. No. No.

This wasn't how things were supposed to turn out. You weren't supposed to see your own father, in the flesh, stand on that stage, and give a speech to these people that apparently work under him in an organized crime syndicate.

You try to turn around and leave the damned building, but Taehyung grabs a hold of you before you can go anywhere - wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you to his side.

Brushing his lips against your ear as he drags you alongside him toward the back of the ballroom, he whispers, "calm down, remember?"

Looking ahead at the throng of elegantly dressed criminals - your mind completely void of anything other than the hope that who you see isn't who you think it is - you respond with, "Please tell me that isn't my dad."

You don't receive any words of assurance - no words at all, actually - but you mindlessly let yourself be tugged along to wherever it is you're going to.

Taehyung finds an empty table behind the the crowd for all of you to sit at, and you let him pull you down into a chair beside him.

As soon as you sit down, you turn in your chair to get a proper look at the man speaking on stage. Any other voices you hear are muffled and sent into your subconscious mind as you hyper focus on the voice that reverberates slightly throughout the room.

"-one where we can all come together and relate to one another. Don't be shy to ask for more wine. There's plenty Cabernet Sauvignon to go around! Enjoy yourselves." That's him. You'd recognize that voice anywhere.

He hasn't changed very much since you've last seen him four years ago. There's been an addition to the amount of fine lines aging his face and subtle crow feet beginning to solidify on the ends of his eyes, but you recognize that smile and the way it never grows too wide - too genuine. You recognize the way the tips of his thumb and middle finger meet and move in rhythm with his words. It's him. It's your dad. Daddy.

You watch as he steps off stage along with two men that follow closely behind him, and begins to greet the people closest to him.

Is this what he's been the entire time? A vile emperor to an empire? But if you're his daughter, why hasn't anyone acknowledged you? Why doesn't anyone know who you are? Did Namjoon and the rest of them already know?

"(Y/n), I know there's a lot to explain, but I need you to turn around." You hear Namjoon say.

"Did you know?" You ask - turning around. Namjoon nods hesitantly as you take in the information without giving into temptation and slapping his face. "Did you all know?" The rest of the heads at the table nod as well and you laugh in behalf of the ludicrous situation.

You wonder when you'll be able to to look behind your back without having to worry of someone hurting or disappointing you. Of course when you think about it, there must have been a reason for them not telling you. Right?

"Anyone care to explain?" You sit back in your chair and slump your shoulders as if the weight of the world is weighing them down as you await an answer.

Namjoon turns in his chair to face you completely and begins speaking as if it's physically hurting him to speak, "I was given orders not to tell you ."

Given orders? Since when was someone giving Namjoon orders, and since when did it involve you?

"Alright, who exactly is giving you orders?" You ask with narrowed eyes- your arms crossing over your chest.

"We can't talk about this right now, but everything will be explained later, I promise."

You grit your teeth at his promise but continue to try and keep some of your composure. "Don't promise me shit, Namjoon. Since you can't talk, do you know where my mom is?"