Chapter 2

You should just go back to class, Penis. There is no way Tony will pick someone as pathetic as you."

"Now I wouldn't say something like that,"

The three people in the waiting room snapped their head towards the door, to see nonother than Tony Stark. Their heads turning so fast, probably causing themselves a bit of whiplash.

The man stood, with his arms crossed over his broad chest. Casually leaning against the door frame.

"In fact, if I remember correctly. Peter here. Is that correct?" he looks to Peter who can only nod as his childhood hero is standing up for him against Flash of all people, "got a higher score on my written exam that you all had to take. I can't say much until after our private interview, but I can assure you that I don't want a bully on my team." the man, with tinted yellow glasses stated.

Flash stands with his mouth hanging open, as Tony politely invites Peter inside. Closing the door with a little more force than necessary.

"I'm sorry," is the first thing Peter can think of to say after a few tense, silent seconds. Thinking he needed to explain Flashes actions, even though he didn't.

He's his bully, so why should he defend him?
I guess some can be more considerate than most. Even when they don't need to be.

"Flash is just - can be a little -" the boy tries to explain, but the older man cuts him off by an unbecoming snort. "I just watched that little Punk insult you, and you wanna make excuses and apologize?" the man had a point.

He is making up excuses.

"Flash isn't a bad guy. I've been told I can be a little annoying," Peter ducks his head in shame, but this time Tony chuckles kindly.

"Yeah? Well, that makes two of us Kiddo. Tell me a little more about yourself." Peter has never known the need to hear such words, ones basically meaning someone gets him.

Whose on his level. And what more, its Tony Stark out if all people.

"Um well," Peter laughs nervously. "I live with my aunt and her boyfriend, since the death of my parents when I was little. My uncle passed away a few years back. I really like all types of science," Peter isn't entirely sure what all to say so kind of tapers off at the end.

"All types of science huh. Well, have you heard of Dr Banner's new theory?"

"A revision on his earlier gamma researched? Of course, I've read every article he's published so far," Peter immediately starts to animatedly talk, just from one subject without much thought or direction.

Tony keeps up with the conversation perfectly. The two continuing to talk until the lunch bell rings out, Peter becoming conscious of the time.

"I'm sorry for taking up so much time. I'm sure there are other kids you want to meet." the messy brown-haired boy rushed, feeling a little if not more guilty.

"Actually, you're the last one. But I should be going to finalize a few things. It is a pleasure on meeting a young lad like you, Peter. Oh one more thing," he stops the teen from getting up to leave. "I just wanna let you know, that you don't have to worry about your classification test coming up. That's why I'm doing it now so no one thinks that the results will impact my choice." Peter smiles, that balanced the fairs out equally.

He had forgotten about the classification process. Too busy protecting himself from Mason, to even realise the event is coming up.

An event that is set up when a teenager reaches the age of fifteen.