Chapter 13

The pizza wasn't at all bad. If Peter were to be truly honest with himself. It was the tastiest food he's ever had in quite a while.

Hot, melted, mozzarella cheese coated his taste buds. Blessing his tongue with every savoury mouthful.

As much as he would have loved to of devoured another slice. His stomach could only stuff three slices in its pouch, before telling its owner it is full.

As for the movie the three watched together, as their mouths were occupied with pizza. It wasn't necessarily a full-on adult film, nor was it a kids film. It was somewhere in between, meeting all expectations of Peppers disclaimer about it not being too scary and Tony's comment about it not being too childish.

Which, really hit Peter where it hurts. And it wasn't located between his legs.

Rather his heart, right where his feels are kept.

He forgot about the comment, however, when the movie started. His attention-getting is drawn to the TV quickly. Sometimes needing to be prompted to keep eating, usually by Pepper.

With a film such as 'The Greatest Showman', you're bound to get drawn in.

Nevertheless, fun being over and dinner cleared away. It was then time, according to Tony. To get all serious.

Peter had no idea how to take the sudden change, from laughing and dancing, to let's talk about work. So he just sat there in his seat on the sofa, his hands fidgeting in his lap.

"Right, this weeks schedule. It's a busy one, but your gonna see a lot of great people and other showcases besides mine. The other people are scientists, they've been perfecting their research and have booked their showcase throughout the week. Mine is second, it's on Wednesday." Tony stated matter-of-factly. "Your more than welcome to be up on stage with me. Me being your mentor, your allowed. And that way-"Tony paused and wagged his index finger to Peter. "I can keep the press from getting to you, as they can be a little too much. Even for me."

He didn't add on the fact, that they can get a little too personal and jump to conclusions quickly.

Peter didn't need to be mixed with those kinds of people. It can be stressing and hard work. And for someone like Peter, who doesn't like crowds. It can put him in predicaments he doesn't wish to be in if he could help it.

"Oh, okay. Sure." The young male mumbled, the corner of his mouth twitching up into a tiny smile. "So what do the other scientist do? Like, what are they showcasing and you?" Peter asked, playing with a loose cotton string on his pyjama sleeve.

"Well, I'll be speaking about the arc reactors we've been working on, how they will be reliable for heart transfusions and other medical needs. Dr Banner is doing another study on gamma radiation and has a booth about thermal nuclear fusion. From what I've heard, he's made some sort of breakthrough which he's going to share with everyone. And Dr Richards is supposed to be a surprise but, between you and me. He's been working on bending light fragments to make people invisible." Tony emphasizes the last word as he sees Peter become more and more excited.

"There will also be an old Stark Industry worker who has been looking for evidence of alternate realities." The older male says this part with disinterest, as from what he's heard through the grapevine. Mr Beck doesn't have a lot of evidence to support his claim.

"That's so cool," Peter expresses his amazement.

"Very cool," Pepper nods along, "but it's getting late and we have a full week of seeing and talking to everybody." The ginger woman states, more so because a boy Peter's age needs his sleep. Not like she would say that out loud, it just saves grumpy attitudes for in the morning.