Chapter 9

Pepper Potts stood there with her arms crossed, leaning in the kitchen side. Herself and Tony having of escaped to the kitchen, while Peter is left in the living room with the TV playing.

"Somethings wrong with your face, honey. The frown doesn't suit you. " The man stated in his usual cool and casual way. Only to receive an eye roll.

"Tony, you need to be careful with how you say things. You may not have seen the look, but I did. And his face was a picture of hurt," the red-haired hushed. Her features stern, but soft.

Tony didn't understand what this is all about. Totally oblivious as to why - since dinner - the boy had closed off.

Not evening coming to realise, it is his fault.

"Babe, do you even know his class? He had it done the other day, you got told about it. Hence why he was late here that day. If you haven't taken that into account, you should look into finding out. That's all I am saying," Pepper sighed.

The boy clearly shouted out, he's a little. Pepper knew her fiancé wanted to do the internship interviews first, before the class. For the man didn't want to feel like he took the class into account, but now he has an intern.

He should at least learn the class of his new buddy. Otherwise, he might get accused of not being aware of the dangerous tools around a little.

Tony let his shoulders drop. "fine, okay. I Dunno what this deal is, but for you Mrs Potts. To leave me alone about, whatever this is. I'll look into it and find out,"

Tony, in fact, didn't find out. He had meant to. He really had, but then he got a notification about one of his experiments being complete. Bringing his attention to another experiment idea, followed by new theory and before he knew it. Peter had arrived back, the boy and his fiancé having of been watching TV together. The boy enjoying what was on TV at the time. Tony had disappeared into the lab, which Pepper and Peter figured.

Though upon entering, it didn't take long for the two nerds to get on some sort of rhythm.

When Pepper brought it up later on in bed, Tony had no choice but to tell a little white lie.

He does not fully outright lie to his beautiful soon-to-be-wife, but she would not have excepted a simple' I forgot'.

Tony doesn't think he really needs to figure out the kid's class. It's not like it will have an impact on how he sees the boy. And if it did impact his work, he's sure either Peter or his aunt will inform him.

However, met with silence. So it mustn't need to be addressed.

As he has stated time, and time again. Peter is a brilliant boy, knowing he will make an honest, smart decision.

Peter decides that he will be completely dishonest with his mentor.

Of course, he doesn't mean completely dishonest. He won't blatantly lie to the man, as that's too low for him. But if Tony hasn't asked about his classification yet, that must mean he doesn't care.

It's a lot easier to ignore that he's a little when he's completing big boy equations in the lab downstairs. That half the time, the smartest of scientist couldn't figure out. Men and women years older, struggling. Have come to the boy - rather than Tony - and asked for help.

A little couldn't possibly do half the task Peter accomplishes in a day.

While he can play a game of pretending when in the lab, or anywhere around Tony. It's different from life when he's home.