Chapter 4

"Underoos!" Mr Stark's excited voice greets him, a nickname the man thought of overnight. It fit quite well with the boy's personality. The man is standing in front of the elevator, dressed just as casually as Peter. Making him feel slightly better about how he's draped him into wearing.

"I hope you found everything ok," he gestures to the elevator. Small spaces aren't exactly a favourite for most people.

"Yea - yes sir," Peter immediately corrects himself.

If living with Mason for the past year has taught him anything, it's that adults always command respect and politeness. However, the young boy seemed surprised when Mr Stark only waves him off.

"I told you it's Tony. I don't wanna hear anything else coming from you," he mockingly scolds. "It makes me feel old."

"But you are old." Peter has no idea what came over him. His mouth leaked the words, his brain warned him not to say. Luckily, his mentor laughs and makes a motion that has both of them piling back into the elevator. Now, where were they going?

"That's more like it. I want you to be comfortable here. Are you hungry? Thirsty? There's an amazing café downstairs." Tony rambled, the elevator doors closing.

Peter shakes his head at his questions, more focused on where they are going rather than eating.

Before he can voice his question, Mr Stark continues to speak. As if speaking his mind.

"Until you get hungry we can head down to my lab. Let's put that big brain of yours into action." Tony tapped the side of the boy's head to emphasize his statement. As much as Peter wanted to let out a giggle at the gesture, he held back.

He isn't supposed to let Tony see his vulnerable side. His freak side should he put it, or as Mason puts it. That reminds him, Mason doesn't know yet. Or well he should by now, as Aunt May is back home. She could have told him, as it's likely he would have.

When the elevator doors opened back up on the ground floor, Peter became speechless. Well, he doesn't talk much in the first place, but metaphorically speaking he is rendered speechless.

The lab is huge, white, clean and bright. The light bounced off the walls and really lit up the whole workspace. It honestly felt so nice. Of course, there are tools on workbenches and a few things misplaced, but he couldn't believe he's actually in the lab of Thee Tony stark.

"Whatcha think kid?" The older males voice held an amused, yet prideful tone.

"Wow," is all Peter manages to say as Tony gently ushers him deeper into the lab.

"It's divided into the basic sciences. Biology, chemistry, and physics," Tony explains. Peter immediately going over to the chemistry area and sees notes that involve a synthetic solution that may be just as strong and thin as a spider's web. It seemed pretty cool, and of course, Peter couldn't help creating his own formulas and calculations, or what could be added, used or even proven.

Not saying that Mr Starks work isn't great, as there are always alternatives in every situation and idea.

"You know if you add..." Peter trails off and starts tinkering with the various chemicals. Tony can only smile slightly when he sees the child zone out into his own little world. He was the same way as a child. Practically still is.

Leaving the kid to his own devices, the eccentric billionaire continues his own update to the newest Stark phone set to release in a few short months. Most people already mad for it coming out, though that's going to be another few months yet till more of the models are created.