Chapter 22

"We'd like to discuss with you, your options and how we can move on for Peter's sake." The social worker spoke matter-of-factly. She wasn't an unkind woman, but her voice held a steel pitch to it that commanded order and obedience.

This is clearly not the middle aged alpha's first rodeo.

Despite this, everyone showed kindness to May Parker. The police allowed her to tell her side of the story, all without interruption, and asked easy follow up questions. The doctors checked her over to ensure the safety of the announced baby, and Peter's social worker sat her down to talk about their next steps.

These steps being the crucial ones, as it involved an abused Little's health.

Tony Stark has become much more vocal during this time. He understand how May missed the signs. He himself had missed the signs of the kid being hurt, and the young boy being a little. Well, that could have been avoided if he had checked on the boys file. But that's in the past now, and he learnt from his mistakes.

He appreciated that the woman works constantly, to provide Peter with the basic needs. He could even see why she left the decision to tell him about Peter's classification up to the child.

But what he absolutely can not forgive, and blames May for, is the utter lack of attention she gave Peter during the most vulnerable time of his life.

It's common knowledge that new classified Littles have a hard time dropping, especially with working parents as they are used to being more independent. This is the reason why there are many little day-cares that are free for the first year to the newly classified, to get them more comfortable.

He refuses to believe that May thought that her emotionally defenceless nephew that barely asks for help on a good day, will calmly drop into headspace with little to no assistance. It's unacceptable.

"I want full custody." The room freezes. "Peter needs structure and constant attention. I can provide-"

"You can have it," May's voice is barely a whisper.

*

This is the right choice. This is the right choice. This is the right choice.

May has to continue this mantra as she signs the paperwork Peter's social worker brings over a few weeks later. In this time, Tony has been thoroughly vetted, and has had multiple people say his home is appropriate for a child.

She was reassured several times, that while his money could bump him to the top of the list it couldn't buy him a way out of all of the safety checks.

Peter has yet to say a word about the process. From what May has been told he has yet to say a word at all since moving into Stark tower. Which, is very concerning.

This is the right choice. This is the right choice. This is the right choice.

Tony had already reassured her that one day, she may be able to visit her nephew once he's ready. It's not like he could stop the kid's aunt from seeing him. That would make him the next bad guy. Though that still wouldn't make him as much as a villain, than Mason doing what he did.

Being reassured over and over, had become the norm these past few weeks days. Multiple people encouraging her, that what she's doing is right and her feelings are justified.

This is the right choice. This is the right choice. This is the right choice.

The mantra carried on, as ushered tears remained at the brink of her eyes.

"Here, it's all signed." May handed the papers over, sliding the documents over to the councillor.

"Thank you for being cooperative with us. And I'm sure you've heard it mentioned many times, but for what it's worth. You're doing the right thing."