Chapter 12

It has got to feel amazing to be rich, getting the chance to experience all the super wonderful aspects of having more than enough in your wallet to spend one hundred pounds each day.

Well, that is what Peter's interpretation came to be, as he looked around the fancy hotel reception they are currently stood in.

Staff members working around the businesses floors, some behind the counter, a few taking cases to the guest's bedrooms and others being at the door to greet their customers.
All with smiles on their faces.

It kind of made Peter think how Mason should take notes, to treat people with kindness. Yet, Mason only had trouble with him. Aunt May got treated politely, Peter was left with the scraps of what was left of Mason's good mood.

Which, mounted to being there being no good mood left to spare.

"Kid, you ready to see our rooms?" Tony stated, swinging the keys around his index finger. Causing Peter to jump out of his stupor of awe.

"Erm, yeah si-Tony." The young intern stumbled over his words, allowing one of the staff members to take his case.

Peter made it his priority to make sure he kept his backpack with the 'Little' supples May forced him to pack, with him at all times. It wouldn't do for the staff to find his things, he wouldn't be able to live it down if he were to be found out.
To be honest, he's surprised he's kept it away from Tony this long. He isn't usually this good at hiding things, but what he and Tony have meant everything to him, so he is trying harder to keep it a secret from everybody. Trying being the keyword.

Besides, it's not his fault people find out.

The young intern has heard embarrassing stories, of hotels putting plastic sheets on beds they knew Littles like him would be occupying. Sending bottles and toys to the rooms they know had a family with a Little. He didn't want that, to him it's degrading whereas to others it came off as being mindful of those occupying their rooms.

Mr Stark still has no clue about his classification, and he very much wants to keep it that way. For as long as possible, even though it's getting harder as Ms Potts has been treating him sort of like a little kid since they met. But there's no way she could've figured him out. Right?

No one but Aunt May, Mason and Flash know and that's already two people too many.

When the hotel room door opened up, revealing their hotel room they'll be stopping in for a few days. Peter's jaw drops.

He thought Stark tower was big and fancy, but it doesn't hold a torch to the elegance show throughout this one room. Fear quickly replaces Peter's awe as a dreadful thought went through his cautious mind.

What if he broke something? What if he wet the bed? What if he needed Aunt May?

Peter suddenly and -not too surprisingly- regrets agreeing to the trip, and it's barely even started.

"Are you ok, underoos?" Tony must've spotted something change within Peter's facial expression, as the man deeply frowns. The child only looks at his shoes while silently shaking his head. There's no use in lying. "Hey, no gloomy looks. We're going to have so much fun sightseeing and staying up late."

"But not too late," Pepper joins the pair. Wanting to make a statement, though it made Peter feel small.

He could so stay up late!

The ginger red-haired woman knelt in front of the two, taking Peter's hands into her own. "Everything is going to be just fine." She let a small smile pass over her lips. "Now, it was a long flight. So how about we order in and watch a movie, before heading to bed? We have a super big day ahead of us tomorrow."

A movie and pizza sounded great. It wasn't like he could ship off back on a plane right now, he knew he didn't want to do that. It would be a waste of the mans time, and there's the fact of cancelling this important showcase he's going to be a part of. Well, witness. It's his mentors new model he designed, there's no reason for him to be beside or with him. Maybe he could just blend into the background, but then there is going to be a crowd of photographers and news people. The audience filling the room up with many questions and concerns.

He didn't want to be a part of that. Maybe he could stay with Pepper or even Happy, he liked happy. But then, wouldn't they be up on stage with Tony?

All this is making his head hurt, there's so much to worry about and he hasn't got the right mind to think about them right now.

Peter found himself rubbing his forehead. As if doing such, would make a genie appear and wish all his concerns away. Of course, it didn't work. He doesn't have that sort of luck on his side.

"You have a headache, sweetie? Shall we get you some water while Tony gets the pizza?" Pepper stated sweetly, a little too sweet for Peters liking. He wasn't sure when the suppressants wore off, he didn't want to be caught. However, he felt like Pepper is on to him.
Like, she already knew.

He rid his head of the thoughts. It could just be she's being nice, thinking he misses his Aunt -which he does- and therefore making sure he's okay.

Peter nodded his head, letting the nice woman take his hand and lead him into the kitchen section of the room. This one-room sure did have everything, I guess it's what you get for being rich.

It put Aunt May's apartment to shame, making Peter feel like he didn't belong here as it's too fancy for someone who lives in a dinky two bedroomed apartment. Out of the three of them, he is the odd one out so to speak. It felt weird and yet the boy decided that while he had it, he's going to relish in the fact he gets to spend his time in such an elegant place before he had to go back to his small room.

And it wasn't just the small room he had to go back to either. It would be Mason and his cruel ways of dealing with him, threatening him with his fake kindness. Playing his role perfectly yet again and not have Aunt May suspect a thing.

That is probably the most positive outcome of all this, and not because he got to spend it with Tony - his idol. No, it's more so the fact he's away from Mason. To which it won't be long until he's getting on the man's nerves again, for something he never did in the first place.

He missed home, and then he doesn't at the same time. But it isn't home he misses, it's just Aunt May.

"Here, Sweetie. Drink this and then maybe we could get into some comfy pyjamas for our movie and Pizza, yeah?"Pepper handed out the glass for the boy to take, giving a gentle smile as the boys tiny hands grasped it and instantly chugged it down. Thirsty the boy must have been.

"Sounds good Mrs Potts," Peter nodded wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Giving the now empty glass back before quickly going over to his bag. "Where am I staying in?" The boy asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

He hoped above all he had a room to himself, he didn't think he would cope if the arrangements were to be him sharing with someone. Though he couldn't see that happening as Pepper and Tony are a couple, they needed their own room and he isn't their son so he needed his own too.

Which, thankfully. Pepper showed him to a single bedroom, next door to the master bedroom. All that is separating Peter and the adults from his potential wet sheets, is a wall.

Peter guessed a wall is better than sharing a room, as then he'll only be literal meters apart. The poor couple would be waking up to the smell of pee, and he certainly didn't want that.

Besides, now that he had his room. He could just hide the wet sheets, couldn't he?

"I'll leave you alone to get ready for bed, come meet us on the sofa when you're done. We need to pick a movie to have with pizza." Pepper winked, closing the bedroom door so Peter could have his privacy.

Peter nodded, biting his lip as the woman made her way out. Standing in the middle of the room awkwardly as the woman spoke, waiting till the door was shut before he let his shoulders sag and a breath he didn't realise he was holding to draw out.

Things will turn out okay, he can get through this.