Chapter 11

The school had been exhausting today. To be fair, it's exhausting every day. There needn't be an explanation as to why there are many reasons why. Mainly because it uses up effort. Peter didn't mind effort, he loved using his brain and working out problems. Even so, he also liked to have his breaks too.

Today hadn't been very much like the others, there weren't hard as much bullying and torment towards him than usual. Flash and his group stayed away, well for the most part. They still had their way of words, and little shoves every now and again. But today, it just seemed like a down low.

And so, he more a less had a normal school day.

It's just, what made Peter's day exhausting. Is the constant tenseness he had in his back and legs, the sort of tenseness you have when expecting something to happen. Just like he expected Flash or his goons to be after him.

I guess, since the strange drug in his locker. Today couldn't have gotten any more suspicious.

When Peter entered the apartment, he didn't expect to see his mentor at his kitchen table. Mason and May joining, each sporting their own hot drink of their choice.

Yep, today could get more strange.

"Hey, kid. How's school been for you today?" Tony asked, yellow-tinted shades covering his eyes.

Peter shrugged, throwing his bag on the sofa. "Normal, I guess."

He wanted to ask why the man is here, but then he would have come off as being rude. When really, he's just curious as to why.

"Take a seat Pete, Mr Stark has something to discuss with you," Mason stated, kicking out a chair from the table for Peter to take a seat at.

Peter looked between the adults in the room, biting his lip as he sat down. He waited to hear what the man had to say. Is this the end of the road for him, has he changed his mind to wanting a new intern. Is he not good enough.

His thoughts got disturbed, for his name kept on being repeated.

"Huh?" The boy blinked, confused.

"Was you not listening? Use your manners, Mr Stark was talking to you." Mason kicked his shin under the table, a scowl on his face.

"It's all fine, don't worry about it kiddo. Anyway, what I was saying. Is, there is launch the new Stark Technologies laptop. I wondered if you would like to tag along, get front row seats?" The man asked, drinking from the cup in his hands.

"It would be a nice offer to take upon, right Peter?" Aunt May piped up, offering one of her gentle smiles. "Gives you the experience, at least."

"You really want me to go?" Peter couldn't help but inquire confusedly. Presuming he wouldn't either be allowed to go or his Aunt wouldn't be able to let him leave. As humiliating as it is, he's her baby boy.

"Of course, " Tony chuckled in. Uncertain as to why the boy had to ask such. "I just came here to discuss everything with you and your Aunt. The event is in Germany so we'll be gone for about a week and a half. Don't worry though kiddo. It won't all be about work. They have some of the best restaurants. Have you ever had McDonald's from Germany? So good."

Peter knows that Tony is only trying to sweeten the deal, but the thought of being away from May for that long of a time period is almost too much to bear. He just had his first-ever sleepover less than a month ago, and now Mr Stark expects Peter to get on a plane and go to a different country for over a week?