Chapter 5

The man rolled his eyes, he swore the main lesson Peter will be learning. Is how to use his actual name. He doesn't do formal. His dress sense basically screams out that fact.

"Again, kid. It's Tony. I will remind you each and every time until you get it right," the man reminds the boy. To which Peter only nods his head before going back to his snack. Getting to roughly a half-finished state, before he starts to pick at it. Pulling bits apart and either eating it or just playing with it. Mason had yet to break the boy out of the habit, just like how he gets Peter out of most habits.

Whenever he starts to get too full or even gets nervous, Peter starts to play around with whatever is still on his plate. His aunt had learned to just take it away at that point, dismiss him from the table. But Tony barely notices. "Done, kid?" he askes just as he finishes up with his own baked treat. Half of the young intern's muffin, still sitting in front of him. Even more of the treat around the table and the kid's mouth, crumbs scattered everywhere.

Peter only shrugs, now embarrassed that the man had spent his money only for Peter to waste it.

"Well, you can keep it for later. I'll get you a couple of napkins." Tony excused himself.

Getting up, Tony catches his new intern frantically wiping his face with his hands just before going to the counter. "I'm sorry," he states lowly when he comes back. Tony, confused as he thought they were getting alone. Only for the kid to get shy and all apologetic again.

"What?" The man couldn't help ask, seeming as there is nothing to apologize for. Or to him, there wasn't.

"For being wasteful and making a mess," he explains still not making eye contact.

Again, for what must have felt like the millionth time today. Tony rolled his eyes, his hand nipping the bridge of his nose. "Come on kid," Tony stated, offering an arm to wrap around the smaller boys shoulders. Directing them elsewhere.

~

"My driver, bodyguard, first assistant," Tony gestures in a way that indicates that he could go on and on. "He has a lot of names he goes by. He also acts like a real grouch but he's a big teddy bear at heart," he quickly explains while leading him back to the elevator. "I know you chose the subway today but from now on I'll have Happy, that's his name by the way. Pick you up when it's time for you to come over"

"Am I really going to be missing so much school?" Peter can't help but think of his studies. School is the only place he really felt like he belonged. But, then it might not be such a bad idea of not being at school often. Rumour could get out he's a little, then his daft place would be a danger zone. A floor full of Lego bricks, so to speak.

Now that hurt. He would know, for Ned had a thing for leaving lego bricks around.

Even worse, he didn't know if MJ or Ned would be friends with him. A freak who deep down would need to wear nappies and drink from bottles.

The thought sounded appealing. Adult life is exhausting, so what's the point of living it. When you could go into your own little world and zone out to a galaxy far, far away.

Apart from that, the thought of being away from Mason for any length of time isn't completely unappealing. Having to be at Stark industries most of the time had its perks in more than one way.

"Yes and no," he states before starting to elaborate. "You'll be doing more of an independent study under me while here. Of course, if you have a big test or something. I can tutor you and give it to you here, but otherwise. I'm sure you won't fall behind at all" Mr Stark stated, however, carried on. "I chose you because of that brain and personality of yours. If you feel that you can't handle everything, all you have to do it come and talk to me. Understand?"