Chapter 14

Peter stands as still as possible backstage, as Mr. Stark wows the crowd with his, yet again, amazing words.

The man seemed to have a way of making even the weather sound interesting, obviously making sure to include a healthy amount of jokes and jabs throughout. Not wanting the Little's to grow bored, and instead to grab their attention. The giggles he got in response felt amazing.

Peter quickly forgets that last thought. He shouldn't be thinking of other Littles or anything that remotely has anything to do with them.

He's not still hung up on how Mr. Stark interacted with that Little. That was in the past, and he's most certainly not jealous. He knows that will never be him. He doesn't even want something like that.

A nice daddy to hold him tight, or a mommy to kiss and cuddle on the couch with. Nope, not one bit.

Peter's thoughts are, thankfully, interrupted by a sharp pain in his lower stomach. And it isn't until a second wave hits, that he quickly realizes he had been neglecting his bladder.

A very dangerous act when one is hiding a secret as big as Peter's.

Thankfully, the presentation is nearly over and Peter's able to listen to the last seven minutes as his mentor finishes up before walking off the stage to the roar of applause.

"How was that, kid?" Tony asks with a cocky smile. "Oh, what am I saying? It was great!"

"Yeah, great!" Peter gig- laughs as he agrees along with the man. Even if he didn't agree, he would of course never say that out loud.

"Well, I hope you were listening carefully because we're now going to answer some questions." Tony turns Peter and leads him by the shoulder when another wave of desperation has Peter stumbling over his feet. "Easy kid."

"Um... Do you know where the bathroom is?" Peter is mortified that he had to ask. It made him feel younger than he's supposed to be, but he also had no intentions of wandering around and getting lost. Not when his need was as bad as it is.

"Sure do, kid. It's right down this way." Tony turns them down another hallway, away from the waiting crowd. They start heading down the backstage hallway when a voice calls Tony's name from behind. Peter doesn't see the eye roll in his position of being lead by his mentor, but he does take note of the irritation in his voice as he steers them around.

"Ah! Dr. Reed, what a surprise. I thought you weren't scheduled until tomorrow." The shaded-glasses man stated, neglecting Peter.

Dr. Reed chuckled and folded his arms over his chest. "I decided to come and watch your presentation. Very inspiring work you're doing. I was hoping you could expand on how to prevent overheating while..." The rest of the sentence and Tony's response didn't register to Peter, as he focuses on keeping his pants dry.

He must have made a noise or movement because the next thing he knows he's being pushed back in the direction of the exit.

"Come right back when you're done, Underoos." Tony pointed, a little irritated. Nonetheless went straight back into the conversation with the other professor.

Peter takes that as a dismissal and tries not to look back as he leaves out of the doors and turns right in hopes of running into a bathroom soon. It's bad enough that he almost let Mr. Stark walk him all the way there, highly embarrassing.

He's almost glad for Mr. Richards's interruption. But only almost, for part of him felt slightly deflated.

Walking down the unfamiliar corridor, Peter couldn't help but feel a little strange walking by himself. No one seems to be backstage anymore, as Peter hurries down, to what seems, like an endless hallway.