Chaoter 18

Sorry, Daddy.

Sorry, Daddy.

Sorry, Daddy.

Those two meaningful words echoed within Tony's head. Bouncing off the walls of his skull, in a never-ending loop.

What happened?

What had he done?

Looking at this logically. The billionaire remembers hearing the nurses mumble something about an overdose on suppressants, but he couldn't get his brain to wrap around the information. He knows that suppressants are extremely harmful, especially to the more vulnerable groups such as Littles and Omegas.

To find out, that Peter somehow, again, got his hands on even more of those stupid pills. Even after Tony, himself confiscated his last batch. It filled the man with overwhelming grief and anger, to find his intern taking the horrible things behind his back.

Though, he wasn't angry at Peter, of course. But rather at himself for not checking in on the kid while he got the paperwork in order.

He could have sent Happy down to check up on the boy. But no. He didn't. And now here he is, in the hospital, and Peter in a bad state.

He wished he could have done things differently.

Peter had spilled to him weeks ago, in the hotel room. Of everything, he's had to endure, and still, he didn't check up on the kid. His kid. No phone call, no face time, or a simple letter through the post. Nothing.

He needs to change his priorities.

Regardless, of the genius blaming himself. As he knew he was one of the reasons Peter ran away, he wasn't stupid. He knows how Peter thinks, and the Little probably thought he wasn't wanted by anyone. Not even his mentor. Which hurt, as he's the kid's idol.

Besides that, the man felt like this whole ordeal may prove that May is unfit to raise a Little. Even though it's Mason at fault.

Oh how he wished this could have all have been different, this isn't fair. Especially on Peter.

After so many hours of waiting, Tony was relieved when a young nurse entered the private empty room he had opted to wait in. The last thing he needed right now, was a swarm of cameras in his face as he waited for his kid's stomach to get pumped.

"The surgery went well, Sir. And we don't think there will be too many complications that will follow. He may feel usual nausea and sickness, but nothing too bad." The nurse settled the man's panic. "Of course, in cases like these. We had to call the police. They're here, waiting to talk to you." The nurse offered a little smile. Giving Tony the reassurance he needed, that Peter will be okay. "I'll send them in here, I'm sure you want this talk privately." The young, polite nurse excused herself. The police stepping in a few moments later.

"Hello, Mr. Stark. I'm Officer Spencer, this is my partner Kendra. Where here to discuss the situation with the young lad, Peter Parker? Is that his name?" At the nod from Tony, Spencer carried on. Kendra getting a notebook out to jot down any information they'll need, along with asking her questions. "So, first one. Who is Peter to you, Mr. Stark."

Tony raised an eyebrow at the odd starter question but didn't say anything snarky. He wanted this discussion to end quickly so he could go see the boy. He needed someone there with him for when he woke up.

He had told Aunt May to stay home, as Peter didn't need a lot of people surrounding him right now. And he knew that if May was to come, Mason would want to too. And Peter didn't need that man around right now, nor ever.

"I'm his mentor. He became my intern a month or so ago." Tony gave a tired sigh, leaning back against the uncomfortable sofa.

"Right, and so did you know about Peter taking these illegal drugs?" Spencer followed on, tone firm but still held a lightness to it.