Chapter 25

Several months later

Peter wakes slowly from his slumber stretching his entire body as he allows his mind and body to wake up. He debates going back to sleep just before strong hands come under his armpits and lifts the boy from his warm spot.The whine that Peter releases is quickly hushed as Tony deposits him on the changing table.

"I know baby boy. I'm so mean for making sure you don't get another rash. Bad daddy." Tony gives himself a fake punch to the cheek which has Peter letting out a small giggle before he yawns. "Is my little underoos still sleepy?"

Peter shakes his head but attempts to roll over and go back to sleep. Tony gives his back a firm rub to rouse the child while situating him properly on the mat and starting the diaper change.

"How is my little man doing?" Pepper greets as she walks in the nursery with a warm bottle in her hand.

"Sleepy but it's to be expected. Our Petey isn't exactly a morning person," Tony answers as he passes his son off to his mother.

"Well I thought the birthday boy would be more lively given the circumstances."

" 'irth'ay?" Peter lisp before his eyes widen. "My 'irth'ay!"

"Yes, little Petey's birthday," Pepper agrees. She settles the both of them onto the rocking chair before introducing the bottle. "I know how exciting this is but you still need to eat before Tony loads you up with sugar." She gives her husband an exasperatedly fond look.

"Don't let the sourpuss get to you Peter," said little boy's eyes lock onto the older man without turning his head away from the bottle. "We have candy, ice cream, cake, cookies and—"

"You are not giving my baby a belly ache just because you love sweets so much. He can have fun but not at the expense of his health." Pepper's voice is firm and it causes Peter to squirm uncomfortably in her arms.

"Of course Mama. I promise not to hurt your baby with my irresponsible ways," Tony holds one hand over his heart and the other up as a sign of sincerity.

The couple's staring match is interrupted by Peter letting out a small hiccup as he finishes his bottle.

"Looks like someone is ready to get this party started."

~~~~~~~

"Surprise!" as the small family enters the living room the large group of people shouts out.

Peter looks around the room and can immediately spot Ned, MJ, and (surprisingly) Flash. There are also mommy and daddy's close friends: Mr. Colson and his two littles Natasha and Clint, Mr. Steve, Mr. Bucky and their his little Bruce and even Mr. Thor and his little Loki. Peter had met them one at a time as his new parents didn't want to overwhelm him. It turned out to be a good idea as all of the little range in age but get along quite nicely. Peter had even spent a day over Mr. Steve's house when both his parents had work and he was too deep in headspace to go along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours later sees Peter having the time of his life. Tony brought out tons of toys for the littles along with snacks and treats for everyone. The party is in full swing when Pepper goes to pick up Peter off of the floor.

"Are you having fun, buddy?"

"Yeah. So fun," Peter admits.

"Daddy and I have a special surprise for you in the kitchen. Do you wanna see?"

"Wanna see, mama," Pepper's heart still flutters when the small boy calls her that. She continues to speak as she carries Peter to the other side of the room.

"A special person wants to wish you a happy birthday, but if you get uncomfortable daddy and I will both be there."

"Hey underoos. You ready?"

Before he could answer, the couple opens the door to the kitchen and walks in. Sitting at the table is a familiar woman who stands up to greet the group.

"May?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You look good, Peter."

"Thank you," Peter's voice is small from his aunt's arms. He had launched himself at the woman as soon as her face registered. "Missed you May," he tries to snuggle closer but it's hard with her round belly.

"I missed you too but guess what," her voice is laced with excitement that easily rubs off on Peter.

"What?" he gazed at his aunt with the same level of love and adoration he had shown all those months ago. To May it felt like a lifetime of proving herself to be innocent of knowing the truth about Mason, worthy of seeing her nephew again, and accepting that Tony and Pepper are good guardians for the little boy she's looked after for the majority of his life.

"Pepper and Tony said that I could start visiting you more. Would you like that?"

"Yes! Love May so much and no more Mason," Peter states excitedly. He doesn't notice the tightness of May's smile as she answers because of the big huge he engulfs her in but Pepper is quick to answer.

"That's right baby no more Mason."

The End
Thank you for going on this journey with me and Fox_Prints
As you know they are taking a break from writing at the moment so the before promised prompt book will be a while before publication.