I 15 I

☂ peace on earth...that's so sweet ☂ 

'Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential.' Lance says with his annoyingly calm expression. 'Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you.'

'Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name.' I point out.

'That's not my problem.' Lance says. 'Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so...'

'And what about my consent?' Klaus interrupts.

'Excuse me?'

'Who gave you permission...' He sobs. ' ...to lay your hands..' He gestures dramatically to Five. '...on my son?'

'What?'

'You heard me.' Klaus says.

'I didn't touch your son.' Lance argues.

'Oh, really?' Klaus raises his eyebrows. 'Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?'

Lance looks extremely confused at this. 'He doesn't have a swollen...'

Without warning, Klaus stands up and punches Five right in the face.

Five grunts, inhaling sharply, and I wince.

'I want it. Name, please. Now.'

'You're crazy.' Lance says incredulously.

Klaus chuckles. 'You got no idea.' He picks up a snowglobe from Lance's desk. '"Peace on Earth." That's so sweet.' Calmly, he proceeds to smash it on his face.

Alarmed, I jump back.

'What the hell?'

Klaus groans. 'God, that hurt!'

'I'm calling secur...'

Before Lance can get another word out, Klaus grabs the phone from him.

'What are you doing?'

'There's been an assault...in Mr. Bigg's office, and we need security, now. Schnell!'

With that, he slams the phone back down. 'Now, here's what's gonna happen, Grant.'

'It's... Lance.'

'In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder, "what the hell happened?".' Klaus inhales extremely loudly.  'And we're gonna tell them that you...' He sobs. '...beat the shit out of us.'

Klaus sighs dramatically, wiping fake tears off his face. 'You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. Little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a...' A fond expression covers his face. 'You're just... You're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying.'

'Jesus, you are a real sick bastard.' Lance shakes his head.

'Thank you.'

Klaus spits a chunk of glass out of his mouth.

Lance takes us over to the filing cabinet, pulling papers out and placing them down on the desk next to us.

'Oh, that's strange.'

'What?' Five asks.

'Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet.' He says nervously.

'What? What do you mean?'

'Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number...' Lance studies the papers more intensely. 'This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?'

Five sighs.