I 42 I

☂ you thought you were ordinary ☂ 

Vanya sits down on one of the chairs, looking utterly defeated.

'Look, um...I can't imagine how hard it is for you to hear this...' Alison bends down beside her. 'how you feel right now, but I...I love you, and I...I just... I wanna be here for you, as your sister.'

'There's just no way.' Vanya whispers. 'I love him. This just doesn't make any sense. And this power... I...' her voice breaks. 'I don't know. I don't know what's going on. I don't know what to do.'

'I'm really sorry, Vanya,' Alison says. 'But I'm telling the truth.'

'This is your fault.' Vanya says quietly. 'You were the one who made me feel alone all this time. It was you.'

'Dad told me to,' Alison says. 'I had no choice.'

'You did this to me.' Vanya says.

'I...I... I didn't realize.' Alison stumbles. 'I didn't know.'

'But you knew this whole time,' Vanya says.

'No, no! I didn't really understand until I came today, until I saw it.'

'Well, now it all makes sense. This is why you never wanted me around.' Vanya's voice gets louder.

'What? No!'

'Alright, lets just calm down now,' I raise my voice slightly.

Vanya ignores me. 'You couldn't risk me threatening your place in the house, your... your dominance.'

'That is not true.' Alison stands up.

'You couldn't handle the fact that Dad might find me special.'

'You are special, with or without powers.' Alison points out.

'Don't... Don't say that!' Vanya shouts, standing farther away from her.

'We have a chance to start over.'

'You destroyed my life!' She says.

'Everything is out in the open. We can move on!' I stand in between them.

'Oh, I'm moving on.' Vanya glares past me at Alison. 'But not with you. With Leonard.' She looks back at me, a regretful look on her face. 'And I hope you'll continue to be in my life.'

'Vanya wait-'

'With Harold, you mean.' Alison says loudly.

'With Leonard!'

'The only person who has ever loved me, for me.'

The wind starts up again, blowing louder and louder in my ears. Vanya laughs, as she brings her violin up.

'Look me in the eye and tell me you're not threatened now.'

'Vanya, stop,' I warn. 'Please, can we just talk about this more.'

'I'm done with talking Y/N.' Vanya sighs, glancing at me again. The wind whistles around the room.

I silently wonder where the rest of our back up is, but I have no way to yell out to them without Vanya exploding at me.

'I don't wanna argue with you.' Alison says.

'Then go!' Vanya yells.

Seriously, where are they?

'I'm only trying to help you!' Alison shouts back.

Getting McDonalds or something?

'I don't want your help!'

'Vanya, I love you!' Alison shouts over the wind.

'Stop. Stop saying that!'

The wind increases by tenfold and the sound of glass breaking makes me shield my face.

'Don't make me do this,' Alison shakes her head. 'I heard a-'

'Alison, don't!' I yell as Vanya raises her bow. A single note plays, and like an explosion, the sword hanging on the wall slices Alison's throat and knocks me backwards into the wall.

The last thing I see is Vanya's face.

'I'm sorry, I didn't-'

The world goes dark.