I 36 I

who do i have to kill to get a decent cup of coffee around here? ☂ 

Five's POV

'Morning, sunshine,' I slowly open my eyes to see Y/n staring at me. She smirks, leaning back in a wooden chair. 

'God,' I rub my eyes as pain sears through my stomach. Groaning, I go to touch the bullet wound but Y/n smacks my hand away, waving her finger.  

'Don't touch,' She says, passing me a damp washcloth. I wipe the sweat off my face, pushing my hair back. 'You were out for like, ten hours.' 

'What?' I gasp, trying to sit up. Bright flashes swim in front of my eyes and I fall back to the bed. 'There's no time to waste.' I grit my teeth. 'We have to hurry.' 

'Five,' Y/n chides, resting her hands on my arm. I want to tell her to shut up, but I seriously don't have the energy right now. 'Alison and Diego are out there right now, searching for more answers. There's no need to risk losing any more blood on a wild goose chase.' 

'It's not a wild goose chase,' I complain, smacking her hand away. 'And I'm fine.' 

'Sure you are,' She says with a grin. 'Try to get up again, I dare you.' 

With a grimace, I manage to swing my legs out of bed, standing halfway up before I realize I'm not wearing any pants. 

'Shut your eyes,' I growl as Y/n hastily covers them with her hand. 'If you peek I'll...' 

'Grumble at me?' Y/n peeks through her fingers. 'What? It's not like I've never seen that before..' 

'Will you please just shut up?' I groan, grabbing a pair of pajama pants and pulling them on. The muscle in my jaw clenches as pain shoots up my chest. 

'Five, please,' Y/n says. 'I can practically feel your pain from over here.' 

'I'm not in any pain-' I breathe sharply as Y/n flicks a tiny gust of air at me. It's enough to make me fall back into bed. 

'Yes, of course,' Y/n sits back. 'Tell me more about how you're okay.' 

Thankfully, my pants are fully on, so I have enough dignity to glare at her. 

'You know, I don't remember being this annoying when you were severely injured,' I scoff. 

'No,' She taps her finger to her chin. 'I can't say that you were.' Y/n shrugs. 'Oh well.' 

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms. 'I guess you'll just have to endure it until you can walk away from me.' 

'I don't want to walk away from you,' I mutter under my breath. 

'What was that?' Y/n asks. 

'Nothing.' 

'Because, I could've sworn you said 'I don't want to walk away from you',' She gives me a small smirk. 'True or false?' 

'Why are you like this?' I ask with the air of amusement. 

'If I'm so annoying, then why do you love me?' Is her response. 

I mull it over in my head for a few minutes. 

'Speaking of love, you never answered me.' I glance up at her. 

'What do you mean?' 

'I told you I loved you, but you never said how you felt,' I say. 

Her eyebrows shoot up. 'Oh. Well, I uh, I care about you.' She twiddles her thumbs. 

'Just care?' I sigh. 'Gee, you profess your love to someone and they care.' 

'I've never loved anyone before. I don't even know what love is,' Y/n admits quietly. 

'Oh.' 

'Oh?' 

'Oh.' I take a deep breath. 'I guess...neither did I. Until I met you.'