I 40 I

☂ that was purely rhetorical ☂ 

After everyone separates, I accidentally take Luther's advice and look through Dad's files. I figured there might be something in there that could explain why he killed himself at such a convenient time. What I actually found, was entirely unexpected. 

Subject 008 and Subject 007 have proven to collaborate with success. 

Can use combined power to manifest detonation. 

Detonation. 

What the hell does that mean?

And why the hell does Dad have these files on Vanya and I? Okay, 1: she doesn't have powers and 2: he never experimented on us...together. 

'Hey.' Five says, knocking on the door. 'What are you doing in here?' 

I glance up at him. 'Just uh, checking the files.' 

'Oh,' He raises his eyebrows. 'Find anything?' 

'Um. Nope.' I shake my head. 'Just bullshit about the moon.' 

Five scoffs. 'Of course.' He knocks his fist on the table. 'Trust Dad to only care about his Number One.' 

I nod silently. 

'So what's next?' I ask. 

'We're going.' he leaves the room. 

'Wait, going where?' 

...

'-So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?' Five's saying when I walk into Klaus's room. 

'Yeah, so?' Klaus says, pulling on his rainbow crop top. 

What a legend. 

'So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel.' Five points his finger in the air. 'So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?'

'Well, you know...' Klaus trails off. 

'Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical. Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse.' Five says. 

'Yeah, but I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes.' Klaus laughs. 

'Me too. But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?' 

'Yeah, but knew how?' I tilt my head to the side. 

'No idea.' Five sighs. 'But the fact remains, his fakakta plan worked. We all came home. We're here, we might as well save the world.'

'Oh yeah?' Klaus raises his eyebrows. 'What, like, the three of us?'

'Uh, well, ideally, no, but...gotta work with what I've got.' Five snaps his fingers. 'Let's find the others.' 

We find Diego darting in and out of his room like a maniac. 

'Where have you been?' I question. 

'Jail.' Diego replies. 'Long story. Where's Luther?'

'Haven't seen him since breakfast.' Five says. 

'Yeah. Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid.' I add. 

'Shit.' Diego says. 'Allison is in danger.' 

...

'Look.' Five points in the window of a bar to where Luther is currently sitting. 

He looks like he's trying to drown in self pity. 

'Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hm?' Klaus saunters up to him. 

'Leave me alone.' Luther mutters. 

'Give us a minute.' Diego sits down. 

'Okay. Come on. Maybe they'll brood each other to death.' Klaus says. 

After several minutes of Luther and Diego talking, they both stand up. 

'Did you sort out your issues?' I ask with a smirk. 

Luther rolls his eyes at me. 'Let's go.'