I 20 I

fate awaits for me to break your heart in two ☂ 

I need to find Five.

Alison and Vanya regard me with concerned expressions as I grimace, trying not to limp as I make my way to the front door.

I'm not going to let this stupid injury stop me from hunting that idiot down and making him tell me the truth about what happened after I died in the apocolapse. There's no way he spent all that time sitting around crying, and other things just don't add up. Somehow, he knows these people who keep trying to kill us.

'Are you sure you're okay?' Vanya says worriedly.

'I'll be fine,' I grit my teeth, grabbing a sweatshirt from the front door and pulling it over my blazer. 'See you later.'

Do I have any idea where he went?

No.

What was the last thing he was doing?

Getting Dolores.

There's no way he went back for her.

Right?

No. He said he had something else he needed to do. Probably something to do with the apocalypse, and saving everybody like he usually obsesses over. So, maybe he went to find another eye.

Meritech Prosthetics doesn't seem like a bad place to start.

Maybe Lance Biggs has more information that he didn't let on.

Whatever the case, that seems like a relatively good hunch to go off of.

                                                                                ☂   ☂    ☂ 

I can smell the smoke halfway down the block.

When I get closish to the building, black fumes are spiraling up into the sky and flames are flickering like snake tongues into the air.

Panic erupts in my stomach and the inside of my leg sears. I grimace, hopping down the pavement a couple of steps. 

'Five?' I shout. 'Five?'

He's nowhere to be seen.

That is, until a small figure comes dashing across the pavement in the direction of the freaking fire.

Moron.

'FIVE!' I yell, running as fast as my legs and stomach can allow, but I still can't catch up to him.

With the jerk of my hand, I pull him back just in time as a huge explosion fires off right in front of him.

Five is blown back several meters, and he lands on his back in the middle of the street.

I run over to his unmoving form, shaking him.

'Five. Five.'

His eyes blink open gradually and he looks up at me. 

'What?'

Relief bubbles into my chest, and I almost hug him. Almost.

'You moron! What were you doing, running into that fire?'

He sighs. 'I guess it's your turn to be worried about me, right?'

I narrow my eyes.

'The evidence is gone,' Five's face falls. 'It's destroyed.'

'What evidence?'

'It doesn't matter anymore,' He says defeatedly. 'The world is going to end. Again.'

'On the topic of 'again', the house was attacked by those assassins,' I say. 'The ones from the department store.'

Five swears under his breath, and mutters something about hazelnuts and the cha cha slide.

I wrinkle my nose. 'What?'

'I'll explain later,' He says, getting up.

'You'll explain now,' I glare.

'No I won't.'

'Yes you will.'

'No I won't.'

'Yes you will.'

'I don't have time for this!' Five grumbles, walking away.

'You don't have time for anything!'