|2|| Epilogue|

Third pov

"If what I did has offended any of you because my actions were un-hero like I apologize." camera lights flashed. Shiyoko was stood making a public announcement outside the still repairing building "But understand my reasons. That man, had escaped police custody many times and worked alongside the man that sent Japan in a lockdown 5 years ago. Not only that but he was mentally unstable and had lost all his sanity a while back. He wanted nothing but the fear and death of many I did what needed to be done."

"Does that mean you don't regret taking his life?!" a reporter yelled out getting following jeers of agreement from others in the crowd. Katsuki looked ready to step up and cause a scene but Yoshito held him back.

"I don't." gasps sounded "Now listen closely. Taking a life is not something easy, it is not something satisfying. As a hero in training I am thought that all life has value. I believe all lives can be saved. But sometimes, death is mercy to one. A hero's duty is to protect the lives of not just the innocent but of everyone, even those 'villainous' ones. Some of them are just asking for help some of them were brought up not knowing better and some, just needs to be slapped once or thrice.

The point is, a life is precious. Maybe you wouldn't think so of some, but I do. Villain or not. However Hakusho was beyond saving. He was losing himself and after so long he had lost his being entirely. People like that cannot always be saved. As I said death was a mercy for him. He won't suffer from his endless thoughts anymore, he won't feel the need to harm someone to make sure he still exists and he won't go blowing up buildings for a good laugh. I understand though, that my actions made some of you feel unsafe.

If you all wish for it. I will hand in my provisional license and not be a hero. I will not be a hero until you all wish for me to return." Shiyoko bowed her head "Now if you excuse me. I'm tired but I have work to do." having finished she stepped down from the stand turning her back to them and walking back to Ugravity.

Together they lifted the rubble, and moved heavy objects around the rubble to be disposed of. It's been two days but people are still being found under the collapse. Shiyoko's actions that were witnessed brought up questions by the people and reporters there but she was passed out the entire first day. Now awake Yoshito told her how people wanted an interview on why she killed a person.

Of course her brothers told her she didn't have to do it but she was stubborn and wanted to get it over with which lead to the interview. Still Tired Shiyoko gave them all something to think on before using helping Uraraka as an excuse to escape questions. Katsuki also didn't allow any of the reporters past him. His glare alone promised pain if they so much as tried.

Once all of the reporters left Shiyoko dropped down where she stood too tired to move, even with the sun blinding her eyes. Soon enough the sun was blocked and appearing over the blunette was Kota Eri and Katashi.

"You planning to stay in the sun?" Kota raised an eyebrow.

"Too tire..."

"The tent is right there Shiko-chan."

"She's just lazy."

"And what if I am?! I am tired, and too lazy to move. Those reporters drained me."

"You will be okay right?" Eri frowned in worry at her imotou.

"Mmm. As I said taking his life was a mercy. He probably couldn't even stand himself. I surely couldn't handle another attack from him if he escaped custody again. More like I don't want to. Last minute thought but it seemed like a good option."

"I don't blame you for it. If he had attacked again your brothers would have been the one to kill him. If Katsuki wasn't stuck he'd have turned him to ashes anyway." Shiyoko hummed he had a point so in a way Hakusho really had a merciful death.