Episode 12

𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲?

"Relationships are like sports: Effort doesn't guarantee success..." ~ Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo

~~~

Soojin quickly inserted the bracelet into her pocket and took the stapler, "My stapler went out of juice and I don't have any staples left, I came here to borrow your stapler. Sorry for not telling you," she stood up and kept her head low while she walked out of the room.

Geunwon grabbed his daughter's arm, "Why do you look so pale?" he asked.

Soojin gulped, head full of thoughts, "I'm just stressed about the Cheong-Ah Festival, you know?"

"You don't have to," Geunwon smiled, "You'll win,"

Soojin let go of her dad's hand and smiled, walking out of the room and bolting to her room. Her heart thumped against her chest. She slumped against the door, taking out the bracelet and squeezing it in her hand, "It can't be, right?" she muttered to herself.

~~~

Next day

Seokkyung approached Soojin who was blanking out and placed a bottle of lemonade in front of her.

Soojin got out of her senses and looked at Seokkyung, "What's this?" she asked.

Seokkyung took the in front of her and turned to her, "Come on, you did the same thing to me when Seojun left. You gave me coffee and now I'm giving lemonade,"

"What's the common thing in between that and this?" Soojin asked.

"Do I really have to explain that?" Seokkyung said.

Soojin took the lemonade and drank it, "Thanks,"

Seokkyung grinned, "Welcome,"

Baekkyung and Seojun were from the court, they just entered the classroom.

Suddenly, Seokkyung's phone ringed. It was a text from Bona.

'Seokkyung Unnie, we were cleaning up the lockers today. And no one has used Seolah's secret locker she had in the school relaxing room, so when I opened it, I found a diary. And in the last few pages, as I read it, it said that she was about to commit suicide but a man named Kang Geunwon helped her. On the day she died, she said she wanted to go to his place and that was the end of her diary.'

Seokkyung dropped her phone, shocked.

"What's wrong? Seokkyung?" Soojin asked.

Seojun got out of his seat, approaching them both. Soojin picked up her phone and read the message. She froze as well. Baekkyung stared at them both.

Soojin and Seokkyung stared at each other. Soojin texted Bona back, her heart beating against her chest.

'Bona, meet us in the North wall. We're coming to get that diary,'

Soojin nodded, "We have to go," Seokkyung said

Seokkyung and Soojin took their bags and bolted out of the classroom, shoving through the teacher who had just arrived in the doorway. Seojun and Baekkyung both flinched.

"Where are they going?" Baekkyung mouthed.

"It's best we find out ourselves," Seojun said.

They both took their bags and rushed out of the classroom.