Episode 20

𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹, 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲, 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲

"Love me to the point that you want to destroy the world for me," ~ Doom at Your Service

~~~

Arriving at the pleasant sight of New York, Seokkyung got to Hyein's penthouse in one of the tall buildings of the city.

And that sight, she saw the entire city of New York from her open windows. But this didn't really feel like home, it felt she was away from it.

She had her audition in two days and she lacked sleep. But she needed to keep going.

To boost her energy, she went and took the coffee Seojun had prepared for her and took a glass to pour it.

It was somehow quiet and with the lack of furniture in the house, it was quite unfamiliar.

Then she remembered of the book of memories Seojun had given her. She went to her bag and took it out, taking off the plastic and then going through it.

It was selfies and photos and candid pictures of her and Seojun, with little writings and captions on the side.

Our first date, one said.

Happy birthday tempermental beast, another said.

She reached high F in the festival, picture from live footage, one more said with a picture of her singing in the Cheong-Ah Festival.

Best bracelets <3

hated, will love, love, will always love, forever love 

Have a good time in USA and invite me to be your pianist one day, the last page said.

And there was a slot at the end of the book, it was a paper folded into a smaller one. 

And these are the Seo-Seok's song notes, it said.

Seokkyung smiled at the paper. It had been just a while, but she already missed it, she missed him. Nevertheless, she put her goal up ahead: make everyone proud.

~~~

On the audition day, a lot of people came, and Seokkyung had practiced dilligently. She was away from her painkiller: Han Seojun, but at one point, she needed to rely on herself.

This was time. This was time for her audition. This was time for high G.

She stepped in the room, and a white sheet was covering her. She left all electronics outside and she pursed her lips. She took a deep breath in and started singing.

The first few parts were done dilligently, and she had not known that the judges were amazed with the first few parts.

She started going to the bridge that went to the high G.

"Aah che te so spi-ra, che per te-so-lo si sol vi-vrà ah aa ahh Aah," she sang, "Si, si sol vi vrà Aaaah," she took a deep breath for her high G and then she hit it, "Aaaaaaaaaaaa!" she reached it. She ended the performance softly and perfectly, and all the judges were amazed by it.

She walked out and took her phone and immediately called Seojun, it was probably midnight by now.

Seojun picked up anyway, "Oh, Seokkyung-ah," he said.