Episode 17

𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

"I pray that in our next life, our wait will be short and our meeting will be long," ~ Goblin

~~~

"What do you mean that murderer didn't confess about my sister's death?" Jipyeong broke in, yelling.

"Also, Geunwon has also confessed of his team that turns off the CCTV cameras," the police officer said, "We're hunting them down now,"

"Ha Eunbyeol, your dad killed her right?" Soojin asked.

Eunbyeol swallowed, "Dad told me he did, so he sent me to follow Han Seojun, that's when I moved to Cheong-Ah HS,"

"Joo Dantae killed my mother, he commanded Ha Dakyung above it." Seokhoon broke in, frowning, "Why? What's their relationship?"

Everyone gasped.

"All I know is that dad and Chairman Joo are business partners, but not partners in crime,"

"Then what's everyone's connections?" Seokhoon muttered in frustration.

"I'll talk to him," Yoonhee volunteered.

"Mom-" Soojin warned.

"It'll be fine,"

"I drugged him to collect evidence, he wouldn't be happy to see any of our faces," Soojin said.

Yoonhee thinly smiled, "It'll be okay,"

~~~

As soon as the blast ended with its destruction, an ambulance and other authorities came and Seokkyung was brought to the hospital. Seojun was handled carefully as well, but there was nothing serious, while Seokkyung wasn't in a good condition.

"Her BP is low," said one of the paramedics in the ambulance.

Seojun, who had an ice pack in his head, panted, "Drive faster," he was thirsty as someone who had not drank for days.

"Do you know any of her medical records?" the paramedic asked.

"She's been taking a huge number of painkillers, and..." Seojun gritted his teeth, "She's abused at home so you'll find a number of bruises. And I want you all to report this in, help her lose from the hands of her abusive father."

The paramedics nodded, "We'll handle it,"

~~~

"It's funny," Yoonhee sat in the interrogation room, in front of Geunwon.

Geunwon didn't look guilty at all.

"What was the reason?" Yoonhee asked.

"Pathetic little girls searching for life, falling in love and doing all that. Pathetic," Geunwon scoffed.

Yoonhee gritted her teeth, "You never loved me, and I know that. Then what if it was Dakyung?"

"You have no right to say her name in this. She wasn't pathetic, she loved me as it was. You were forced to love me," he banged the table.

"And Soojin? And Rona? And Eunbyeol?" Yoonhee's jaw clenched, her cheeks going red.

"What's wrong with them?" Geunwon asked.

"If they weren't your kids, would you have killed them too?" she asked emotionlessly.

"Why did you think I wanted children in the first place?" he asked back.