Episode 18

𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 '𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲

"A mother will do anything for her child no matter what," ~ The Penthouse

~~~

"As your daughter, and as a child," Seokkyung said to Dantae as he was behind bars, "I came here to say goodbye,"

It was a few days after the incident in the hospital and the judgement in the court. Geunwon was charged with a death penalty and Dantae with a lifetime in jail. They were both charged with murder, abuse, corruption, bribe and all the other things they have done horribly.

Dakyung was put in jail for murder but it wouldn't take a lot of years, and also the fact she was more blinded of love and money. Eunbyeol was put in jail for just a while, and was brought to psychologists to make sure of her mentality.

JK Holdings and Jangga Group were both closed, and Cheong-Ah now fell into the hands of Logan and Cheon Seojin. Yoonhee became a working mother and left Hera Palace, while the penthouse was sold away, given to another person.

As for Seokkyung and Seojun, the guilt she had was beyond tremendous, and she thought it was shameful of her to be dating someone whose sister had been killed by her own father.

Dantae sat silent as he listened to Seokkyung's statement.

"Did you ever care for mom after the big change in our life?" Seokkyung asked, "After you got the money and the job, and you opened up JK Holdings and Cheong-Ah, did you ever once cared about mom or were you blinded by money?"

Dantae stayed silent.

"With this silence, I'll say that your answer is a no," Seokkyung stood up, "Thank you for your time."

"Can't we go back to where we were 10 years ago?" Dantae asked.

Seokkyung stopped walking and turned around, she scoffed, "I don't want to go back to 10 years ago, all I want is to go back to 12 years ago. When we were whole." she left the room and went out to find Seokhoon in the car.

"What did he say?"

"I wouldn't care, he was silent," she tucked in her seatbelt, "Let's go,"

~~~

They went back home, to find Seojun's motorcycle parked in front of their house. Seokkyung took a deep breath, then walked out of the car.

"Oh you're back," Seojun exclaimed.

"You really want to make me the most shameless girl, don't you?" she asked.

"What?"

Seokkyung ignored him and walked to the door when he pulled her, he gave her a plastic bag with food in it, "This is some tteokboki, eat when you can. And you will never be shameless in my eyes, you know that." he put on his helmet and left the house.

Seokkyung squeezed the plastic and then went in the house. Maybe he had a point, but it wasn't easy to forgive herself.

~~~

Soojin, Rona and Yoonhee moved to a bungalow quite near Cheong-Ah College. She had a stable job and as for the two daughters, they felt quite better with what happened.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Soojin offered and opened the door. It was Cheon Seojin.