Episode 13

𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱, 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

"Every moment I spent with you shined. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad, and because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it..." ~ Goblin

~~~

"Hi," Eunbyeol smiled as she saw the two sisters.

"You live here?" Soojin asked, "A disgusting person like you lives in Hera Palace?"

"Don't make a bad impression on me," Eunbyeol sneered, approaching the sisters, "Good to meet you, neighbors,"

Rona scoffed, "So you're the one who has been renovating this house in front of us for these past months? Good, I can complain you for disturbing our peace,"

"I'm afraid not," Ha Dakyung appeared, "Don't threaten my daughter like that. Does your mother teach you manners?"

Soojin rolled her eyes, "Let's go, Unnie," she looked to Rona, "There's no point of talking to a mother and daughter who both have such low dignity," she grabbed her sister's hand and walked to their house.

Dakyung grinned.

~~~

"Eunbyeol's moved in to Hera Palace?" Seokkyung gasped as she talked to Rona in the canteen.

Nowadays, a few days before Cheong-Ah Festival, Soojin never came to the canteen and spent her time in the practice room.

"It's a mess," Rona said.

"That girl has no shame at all. First she meets up with your dad and now she moves in front of your house. Something's going on,"

~~~

In the practice room, Soojin practiced her song with no pianist by her side. Her voice wasn't sore anymore, but someone opened the door and Baekkyung came in.

Soojin stopped singing for a while and faced him, "If you're here to practice, I think you can see I'm using the room as well," she said emotionlessly, marking her papers.

Baekkyung frowned and sat on the piano seat, "I came here to help you practice,"

"And I'm here bussing myself off to make sure your mother sees worth in me,"

"If I see worth in you, why do you need to go this far?" he asked.

Soojin stopped marking her papers and turned to him, "Number 1 belongs to me, it doesn't belong to anyone else. If someone takes my number 1, I will whatever it takes to take it back. That's my worth."

"Kang Soojin, are you really just going to give up on us like that?"

"If I was not going to give up, do you really believe we can go back to the way we were before?" she increased her tone, water collecting up in her eyes.

"Do you not want to try at least?" Baekkyung replied to her back.

Soojin ignored him and turned around, "I want to focus on my-"

Baekkyung grabbed her forcefully into a hug, "At least make me your pianist in the festival. Let me be worth something,"

Soojin pushed him away, "Get lost," she walked out of the room.

Baekkyung slumped against the seat, "If you're doing this, it means you're just being controlled by my mother to stay away from me. You're just a puppet and my mom has the strings. Cut the strings off as hard as you can." he yelled as she walked out.