Episode 15

𝗜'𝗺 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹'𝘀 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹, 𝗜'𝗺 𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱

"If you hated me that much, why didn't you just throw me away?" ~ The Penthouse

~~~

"Yah, Han Seojun," Seokhoon pulled Seojun as soon as he walked out of the exam room, around the same time as he heard the scream of the girl in the bug.

"What's wrong?" Seojun asked.

"I heard someone scream in this bug," Seokhoon panicked, "Something's going to happen. We need Soojin and Rona to track down the bug,"

Seojun raised a brow, "We can't disturb the girls on the exam, I'll do it, Seokkyung gave me a tracker just in case,"

Seokhoon nodded and Baekkyung just walked out of the exam room. The two boys pulled him, with only one word, "Emergency."

~~~

"What do you mean someone's been kidnapped?" Baekkyung asked.

"There was a scream," Seokhoon explained. The three boys were in Baekkyung's car with him driving to the point.

The tracker had tracked Geunwon going back to his office, and the TVs of the city shot out 'Breaking News'.

"We're too late," Seojun sighed and slumped.

'Just a few seconds ago, police have immediately reported that a new victim of the Hands-Off Serial Killer, a 20-year-old student, Ms Kim has been found in front of her house. This would mean the second murder in within this week.'

The boys stayed silent until Seojun spoke, "Let's go to Jangga Group HQ. Maybe we can catch Geunwon there. This is enough proof."

"And Soojin? And Rona? How will they react?" Baekkyung queried.

"They'll be fine with it, I guess," Seojun said.

"They won't. We all know what it's like to not have a father." Baekkyung increased his tone.

"But is it okay to live in a lie that you never want to escape?" Seokhoon asked, "Let the Kang sisters from their lie, like me and Seokkyung did."

Baekkyung went siletn and then nodded, he went back to his steering wheel and punched on the gas, without saying anything.

~~~

Seojun, Baekkyung and Seokhoon went to the receptionist desk.

"Who are you?" the receptionist asked, the same one that was there when Soojin and Baekkyung went to the office.

"I'm Joo Dantae's son, I've been sent here to take some things from Mr Kang's office," Seokhoon broke in.

The receptionist nodded and allowed them to go up.

"Your dad and Kang Geunwon know each other closely?" Baekkyung asked.

"I wouldn't say that. JK Holdings and Jangga Group have yearly collaborations for charity acts and all," Seokhoon replied.

"Kindness covers darkness," Seojun scoffed.

Going to the office, the secretary immediately blocked them.

"You want me to hit you again?" Baekkyung asked.

The secretary gulped. Suddenly, Geunwon walked out of his office.