Episode 19

𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵, 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗮 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

"It means that to live is to endlessly make choices," ~ Graceful Family

~~~

"How did you find out?" Seokkyung asked as Seojun drove the car.

Seojun pursed his lips, "I overheard their conversation when you went to burn the necklace," 

Seokkyung's head was heavy and she leaned her head against the window, "That michin ssaeki must be insane," she muttered.

Seojun stayed silent and frowned.

~~~

Arriving at the hospital, Seokkyung rushed into the hospital, and Seojun bolted ahead of her because she was about to hit the door that had not opened yet.

He pulled her hand, preventing her from hitting the door.

"You need to calm down," he squeezed her hand and the door opened.

Seokkyung blinked once and pursed her lips, she squeezed back his hand and started walking.

He followed her as she asked the receptionist for Hyein's room number.

She continued to squeeze his hand in the elevator, hoping her panic attack wouldn't take over her. Heart beating against her chest and her body sweating everywhere, she wasn't sure if she really needed coffee or painkillers, but she had promised to Seojun she wouldn't.

She was supposed to meet with her therapist by next week, but this was happening right before the next day.

Seokkyung was trying her best to keep breathing, but the pressure on Seojun's hands started increasing, as if she was choking his palm.

"Joo Seokkyung," Seojun called out, "Are you having another-"

Seokkyung kept on breathing and breathing quickly, "I'm fine," her voice broke.

She was desperate for a way to release it, to cry above it.

Seojun, who noticed, pulled her squeezing hand and into a hug where she immediately broke down into a cry.

"She's a damn selfish woman who's never changed," Seokkyung said in his arms, "She's a stupid girl who thinks she'll be okay without telling anyone,"

He hugged her tightly, "It's going to be fine, it's going to be fine, it'll be fine," he wanted to sob a bit from the memories that he had with his sister as well.

The elevator door dinged and Seokkyung let go of Seojun, wiping her tears and walking out to the room.

Seokhoon was beside Hyein whose face was pale. A jumble of doctors were standing next to her, including Dr Yoo.

"You've told me loads about your sister," Dr Yoo noticed Seokkyung, "I never knew she was sick,"

Seokkyung pursed her lips and her cheeks went red. She approached her sister and dropped down beside her bed. Everyone flinched.

"Did you want this?" she whimpered, "After this family made me a bad daughter, now you want me to be a bad sister as well?" she increased her tone.