twenty-four

Mr Bates' POV

Storming out of the building where I was keeping Luke, I ended up slamming the door before getting in the car I'd stolen about a week ago.

Luke was acting like a bitch and I didn't want to be around that right now, he just refused to accept that Ashton was now irrelevant in his life because as long as I have control then he won't be seeing Ashton again. Luke is mine and I plan on keeping it that way.

Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down before I started driving; I needed to get Luke some stuff to eat anyway and so now seemed like a good time to go and get him that.

There was a petrol station some way from the house, about 15 minutes driving, and I'd been going there for food and that whilst Luke has been with me and so far no one had noticed anything weird about me. Which was strange since I'd walked in the shop when a news report of my escape and Luke's kidnapping had come up on their tv. Good job young people these days just aren't observant.

After driving the journey to the petrol station, I hopped out of 'my' car and walked into the little shop. Being observant, I noticed that the person behind the till was now a boy around Luke's age rather than the girl who normally serves me in here. That immediately put me on edge a little bit because I wouldn't know if he recognised me, with the girl I knew she wouldn't as she hadn't yet. So, I slipped on my sunglasses as I walked around the shop, obscuring my face so he hopefully wouldn't get the chance to recognise me. Just in case.

Grabbing the items I needed, I moved towards the till where the boy was looking at me suspiciously but seemed too nervous to mention anything. Giving me a cautious glance, the boy picked up and scanned my items yet I noticed his shaking hands when he went to type on the till.

"T-that'll be t-ten pound please." The boy said shakily and my anxiousness grew with him, he knew.

"What's up kid?" I asked, somewhat tauntingly.

"N-nothing." He replied and it was blatantly obvious now that he knew something at least.

"Why are you so nervous then?"

"I erm...That's 10 pound please."  He asked again, obviously wanting me to just pay and leave.

"You know who I am don't you?" I asked and the boy looked panicked.

He essentially shot back so his back was touching the wall behind the counter, getting as far away from me as he can. "P-please, I won't say anything." He said, frightened.

"You better not, if I hear any police anywhere near me then I'll come and find you." I threatened, the boy frantically nodded.

Smirking, I grabbed the items and said "I'm not paying either." Before I walked out of the shop and got back into my car. I could see the boy in the shop through the window, still backed up against the wall of the shop and not moving.

Pulling out of the petrol station, I made the drive back to Luke and I wasted no time in going back into the building and into his room. Luke was crying on the bed and I quickly walked over to him and took the tape off his mouth.

He immediately started coughing and I reached into the bag to get him a drink. He didn't even thank me when I pulled the bottle from his lips after drinking.

"I've brought you some food, baby." I said and sat down on the bed next to him.

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled and I sighed before brushing the hair out of his face.

"Babe, you haven't eaten in like 2 days." I sighed, wanting him to eat. I know he thinks I don't care but I do, I love him after all.

"What do you care?" Luke said.

"Of course I care, I love you."

"Just leave me alone." He said, not looking at me.

"Luke." I sighed, gently taking his chin to make him look at me. I pretended to not notice the red mark I'd left on his cheek.

"What?" He grumbled.

"Please just eat."

"No, not unless I'm with Ashton. You want me to eat then you let me go." He said.

"Fine, you can fucking starve." I spat, letting my anger take over, "See what I care." I roughly shoved his head to the side before getting up and leaving the room again.

Luke was doing this to piss me off and I knew he was, it was his tactic to try and make me let him go but it wasn't going to work. I knew he'd cave eventually, especially after I get him back on the road within the next day or so. I mean, that kid at the shop has seen me so I'm going to have to move Luke; just as a precaution. I don't want to risk the chance of losing him.

Hopefully I can just get him away without any trouble.

-----------------------

A/N: I had the idea for this and it just didn't work very well. I'm sorry that this is a pretty poor chapter but I guess I wanted to upload it just to see if you guys liked it and if you didn't then I could delete it and start again.

I hope you do like that.

Please vote and comment, let me know what you think x