twenty-six

Luke's POV

Bates strolled into the room about 5 minutes after leaving, he seemed more composed and so was I to an extent.

"We're moving." He said, a smile on his face.

"Why?" I asked, feeling confused.

"A boy recognised me down at the petrol station and so now I have to move you." He stated before walking over to me and removing the rope from my wrists. "Put your clothes on." Bates motioned towards the clean clothes that had been sat there all morning.

Timidly, I stood up and slipped on the clothes before Bates roughly grabbed me by the arms and re-tied my wrists behind my back.

"I doubt you're going to get away so why not to let me go and leave without me, be free." I tried to entice Bates into leaving me here but he wasn't taking the bait.

"The only reason I am even this free is because of you, you're coming with me whether you want to or not." He said before shoving me back on the bed.

"I'm not going with you." I said, defiantly, and I was using it as a stalling method because I hoped the boy had called the police.

"Oh, but you are baby." Bates smiled before grabbing some more rope and wrapping it around my ankles tightly.

"Is there any point when you know the police are probably coming, they're coming to find the both of us." I said, hoping he'd actually realise what was going on right now and maybe just give up. I knew that was unlikely but I could try.

"There is always a point in trying to keep you hidden and away from them." Bates said and I scoffed.

"There isn't much point to it now because they're going to find me." I confidently said.

"They won't, not if I move quickly." Bates smiled at me before leaving the room, he returned after a few minutes and walked over to me. "Come on, Lukey." He started to try and pick me up but I struggled away from him.

"I'm not going with you." I protested.

"Yes, you are." Bates stated before trying to grab me again but I kicked at him, catching him in the stomach and pushing him backwards. He groaned and hunched over, I knew I couldn't go anywhere because he'd tied my feet together but I got a satisfaction out of injuring him.

 "I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat at him, he groaned before moving back towards me. He didn't give me any time to move before he punched, not slapped, punched me. My eye immediately started throbbing and I let out a cry of pain.

"I don't want to hurt you but you make me, now that was a warning because the slap earlier clearly hadn't done anything. If you disobey me or anything like that again then I will hurt you, worse than a punch." Bates threatened and I just cried, he sighed and moved towards the table before picking up the tape.

"Now, calm down baby ok?" He said as he ripped off a piece of tape, "You'll be safe from them soon." Bates then pressed the tape to my mouth, sealing it over my lips.

Leaning down, he kissed my forehead and brushed some of my hair away. "I love you, Luke." Bates  whispered before he picked me up and placed me over his shoulder. I struggled against him but in my position, I knew I wasn't getting away.

Bates carried me towards the door and he was about to open it when there was a knock. He seemed to pause for a moment before the knock was heard again, that was then followed by a shout. "Police, open up!"

Hope surged through me and I immediately started trying to call for help and I was moving about in Bates' arms but it didn't affect him as he quickly took me back to the room and he dropped me on the bed. He pulled the knife off the table and leaned close to me, "You make a sound and I will hurt you." Bates threatened before a loud crash was heard. I assumed it was the door.

"Bates!" A man yelled, "We know you're here so come out with your hands up."

Footsteps were heard approaching the door to the room we were in and Bates walked over to me again, he grabbed me and placed the knife against my neck whilst he held me by the jaw.

"Ssh." He whispered as a whimpered.

The door to the room then slowly started to creep open, and maybe, just maybe, was I finally going to get away from Bates.

----------------------------

A/N: Short and rubbish, sorry.

Please just vote and comment, thanks x