Part 5 - Jisung

[a/n] KSJDHSKHFSK I ACTUALLY CHOSE THIS PICTURE TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S LOOKING AT HIS CUT WOAH

The glass on the floor took at least half an hour to clean up, and I cut myself at least three times, one particularly deep one by the base of my wrist. All the while I was running Minho's words through my mind. He didn't want to tell anybody either?!

I couldn't believe my luck. It was as if someone had taken a load off my back. I felt so much lighter. I didn't even have to worry about the plant holder! Thank God.

As I brushed my teeth that night, still not believing how normal things had turned out to be, I wondered again why he had kissed me. But if he seemed so eager to chalk it up as a mistake too then maybe that's really all that it was.

-

I could feel Minho staring at my back all through class the next day but I refused to look back at him; he wanted to keep it a secret, didn't he? So why was he acting like he knew me? I decided not to mention it, but when I noticed him walking towards me during lunch as I made my way to the toilet, I snapped.

"Why did you keep staring at me today? I thought you said -"

He didn't reply; he just grabbed my wrist and stared at it. "What is this?"

I looked down. I had forgotten about the long cut in my wrist after cleaning the glass yesterday, although it still stung a little. "Oh, this happened yesterday when-"

"Surely you didn't-? Cut yourself?"

I didn't understand what he meant for a moment and was about to say Yes of course I cut myself, do you think this just appeared? Then I understood. "Oh! No, that's not it. I got a cut when I was cleaning that plant holder yesterday."

He looked up at me; his face had gone pink. I guess he was embarrassed. "Yeah, well, I'm sorry about that," he muttered. "But you have to get this cleaned up or it'll get infected."

"I can get it cleaned up myself, I don't need your help," I said, pulling my wrist away from him.

His eyebrows tightened. "Let me at least take you to the nurse's office."

"I said no! I know where the nurse's office is, I can get there myself."

"Fine." He practically spat the word out. "Go then." Then he walked away not looking back.

I gave him the finger behind his back. Why did the guy always make me so annoyed and irritated??? Whenever I saw him I instantly was put in a bad mood. 

The school nurse, Kim Anna, wasn't in her office. She had a small note taped to the door that said

Hi students! I'm going to be away for a week on the nurse training course and can't attend to anyone. If you're seriously injured go to the front desk where they'll take you to the hospital. If you have a minor headache or a scratch, feel free to come into my office for some rest or headache medicine! The plasters are on the bottom shelf! Stay safe and healthy - Anna

I went into the office which was empty. After locating the plasters on the bottom shelf, I put one on and was about to leave when I noticed my own face staring back at me from Anna's desk. Intrigued, I picked up the piece of paper - it was my student record.

Kind of boring to be honest. Jisung doesn't come to the nurse's office much, relatively healthy boy, healthy parents, only has had a few authorised absences. Then I saw the paper underneath mine. It was Minho's.

I didn't mean to read it, but I was curious, and when I read the first line I wish I hadn't. I dropped the page like it was searing hot and quickly made my way out of the office. On the way back to the classroom, a million thoughts whirred around in my head.

I thought Minho's parents were divorced, but I never knew his father died.

[a/n] sorry sksksksk this chapter is kind of short :P