38 || let the walls down

alexa, play would you cry if i died by elliot

DAY 38

        Amelia stirred the broth of the vegetable soup she was making as she aimlessly stared at the marble tile on the kitchen wall behind the stove. A strand of her wavy, dark hair fell in front of her face, pulling her from her trance. Blowing the piece away with a loud, irritated puff, she shook her head in an attempt to push her distracting thoughts from her mind. 

        Not one word had been spoken between her and James since their session yesterday and it pushed Amelia to the brink of insanity. 

        As if her thoughts somehow summoned him, James strolled into the kitchen with his arms placed behind his back. His black hair was slicked back, pushed behind his ears, and his facial hair had grown back fully since the party. He donned his usual outfit - a black t-shirt with jeans along with a pair of black boots - which appeared especially salivating since the lack of attention she had received during the last couple of days. 

       "I wanted to apologize for yesterday."

        Pursing her red-lipstick stained lips, she stared down at the bubbling soup. It was the first time in a long time that she wasn't quite sure of what to say. 

        "I'm not in a good head-space to talk about everything right now, but I thought I could open up to you in other ways," he suggested quietly, whisking one of his notebooks from behind his back and wiggling it in Amelia's view. 

        Her eyebrow instinctively raised curiously in his direction. 

        "It's the notebook I caught you reading," James explained further, stepping closer towards her as he spoke. "You can read the entire thing. I can sit here with you, if you want, or I can let you read it alone. We can start with this one ... and you can read the rest later, if you choose to." 

        Amelia's jaw popped open as she almost dropped the metal spoon down into the soup. " Y-you want me to read your journals?" 

        The fact that James was even suggesting this at all shook Amelia to her core. A rush of adrenaline threatened to soar throughout her body at the pure shock she felt from his words. Even her hands had begun to shake at the thought of reading his most personal belongings. Progress was one thing, but this? Amelia didn't even have a word for it. 

        "You deserve to know every single thing about me." 

        She hesitantly removed the pot of soup from the burner, not even caring if it got cold at this point, as she blinked a few times. "And you're sure about this?"