CHAPTER FOUR

I'm at my desk, working on some paperwork when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Miss Jones, the new boss wants to see you." Mr Johnson said to me.

New boss? Why didn't someone tell me before?

I got up out of my seat and I walked over to the door and knocked on the door then waited for his response.

"Come in" I hear him say.

I have a weird feeling that it's someone I know. I opened the door and walked inside.

The back of his chair was facing me and I'm standing confused, scared. I looked at the room and the walls are all grey and black and no windows, which was a little creepy. I look around his desk and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

MR. VINCENT HACKER

I scoffed "you gotta be kidding me," I said crossing my arms.

He turned around to reveal himself. He's wearing a tux and I could a tattoo on his neck that I've never seen before.

"It's nice to see you again," he said with a smirk "we really need to stop bumping into each other" he jokes as he laughed.

"Haha so funny," I said with sarcasm then sat down on the couch.

He gets up out of his chair and takes off his blazer putting it behind his chair. He walks up to the couch sitting few feet away from me. The shirt he's wearing is tight around his muscles.

He moves closer to me making me hesitant, clearing my throat and moved away from him.

"So, how you doing? He asked me.

I didn't hear what he just said. I'm just shocked that he's now my boss and I'm his assistant. Like, what is going on?!

"Maya?" He touches my shoulder but I flinched a little.

"You can't touch me," I said as he sighed and takes his hand off my shoulder.

"You still hate me, don't you?" He asked me.

No, I don't hate but, what he's done to me five years ago still hurts and I don't think this pain will ever go away.

"Yes, I still hate you," I said trying not to make eye contact.

"Look, I-" he cut off by someone knocking on the door.

He told them to come in, they come inside and I saw Martin. He looks at Vinnie then at me then back at Vinnie.

"So, you met your new boss." He said smirking crossing arms.

"YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS!" I shouted at Martin.

I can't believe he knew about this and didn't tell me. That is my

new fucking boss, the ex that broke my heart five years ago. I sat back down on the couch so shocked at what just happened.

An hour past and it's now 5 pm, I'm getting my bag to go home, which is like a few levels down. I started walking up to the elevator when some called my name, and I knew exactly who it was.

"Don't go yet." He said walking up to me. 

He stood inches away from me and looked around and people looking at us and they were whispering to each other.

"Mr Hacker I have to go home to my kid," I said to him.

"We need talk." He demanded.

I can't say no I have to obey all his orders that now he's my boss.

I walk back to my desk to put my bag down then followed him to his office and I closed the door behind me. Suddenly, I hear a beep.

"I locked the door" I looked at him and I saw a little remote that he's holding.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"So, you needed to talk?" I asked.

"So, how are you?" He asked.

"You know, raising my kid, working and I got broken up last month because I was quote on quote 'really, really boring'" I explained using air quotes on the last part I said.

He walks over to me getting really close making me slowly walk backward and I felt the wall touch my back. He moves his head close to my ear.

"Well, it's his loss he lost my beautiful girl like you." He whispered.

He gently grabs my waist and looks deep into my eyes. I stared at him and I couldn't look away. I look at my lips then back to me.

"Tell me to stop." He said and gently pressed his lips against mine.

I couldn't let go, I put my hands on the back of his neck and pulled him closer. I suddenly realised what I was doing and I quickly pushed him away.

"I have to go," I said and I tried to open the door but I was still locked.

He reached for his pocket and pulled out the remote and press the button to open the door then I ran out. I grabbed my bag and I walked over to the elevator and didn't even look back.

I'm now back at the apartment and I saw Mama and Parker playing some broad game.

"Hey, Maya you're home late," Mama said smiling at me.

Parker ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Nice to see you too, Mama"

The rest of the Friday night the three of us watched a movie, ate some snacks and played games. While we were watching the movie Parker slept on my lap. So I three of us slept on the couch.

💜A/N💜

Thanks for reading Chapter Four.

Don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow.