Professor Umbridge's Fatal Attack.

Silence stirred as an invigilator passed between the rows of seats. A black sky illuminated the exam as Beatriz watched the alignments before her. The word 'Pluto' filled one space as the planets aligned and her beady, emerald eyes stared through her telescope. From the corner of Beatriz's eye, she noticed Harry losing track as he thought about something and felt his forehead. Losing herself in the work before her once again, Uranus and Mars were examined closely, looking out for anything that could be assumed. Just as the exam flew close to the end, from the doors of the castle, candlelight suddenly bounced free and students from all houses snapped their eyes towards it. With Dumbledore gone, Beatriz had hoped to see him make an appearance but alas it was Umbridge and three unrecognisable bodies. Gasps erupted but the man who stood at the front advised them all to focus once again on the exam. Not that many were listening. Just as some had dared to return to their work, Beatriz being one of them, a loud racket began to echo in the distance. Peering around, trying to find the source of all the noise, Beatriz stood and examined the space around her. Professor Tofty was attempting to reign them all in as he furiously stated that they ought to remain seated.

With a gasp, Hermione even dared to speak. "It's McGonagall." Shifting her field of view, Beatriz flicked her eyes over to her mother who was leaving the building quickly. Professor Tofty seemed to back down, accepting that none of them intended on listening to him.

"Leave him alone! Alone I say. On what grounds are you attacking him? He has done nothing, nothing to warrant such-" before her words could leave her mouth, a blinding light came flying from where the Aurors and Umbridge stood. In an instant, the woman was on her back, completely frozen, as if she had died.

"NO!" Students and staff immediately turned to the noise as Beatriz stood, her hands over her mouth as she too lost the ability to move for a moment. Fighting to pass through the students, a loud voice and arms held her back but Beatriz fought against them.

"Miss Urquart, this is not appropriate. Please sit down and let the adults deal with it." Not giving in, Beatriz pushed and clawed at the door to try and leave.

"She's my mother." In an instant, the man holding her was shocked and the split second that he left her alone gave her the opportunity to break free, barreling down the stairs, tears fogging up her eyes as the hat on her head fell behind her.

"Beatriz, what is wrong?" Squeaked Flitwick as he rubbed his eyes, staggering from wherever he had hidden for the night. No answer was returned though and he failed to keep up with her as she jumped down multiple steps at a time, hurting her ankles as she did so. Hair was flowing behind Beatriz as if she were surrounded by water as she made her way down, running all the paths she had discovered while growing up, not bothering to wait for any moving stairs as she found the quickest way down to the fields.

"MUM!" Finding the energy draining from her, Beatriz rushed from the castle doors, noticing two injured Aurors and a frightened one at their sides. Umbridge furiously watched the Forbidden Forest with her hands on her hips. "Expecto Patronum." Dumbledore's army had taught Beatriz one thing, to stand and fight with all she had but at that moment, all she had were the happy memories from her mother. It seemed enough as a lioness jumped from her wand. "Help, mum's been hurt in the field." The message passed through Beatriz as she forced herself to smile, to remember all the happy memories that she had shared with her mother. As a child, being allowed to run and dance through the classroom despite a lesson going on, all the times McGonagall tried to tell her off for being rude when really she was proud, or in Beatriz's second year when she watched her mother get drunk and blush as Hagrid kissed her cheek. Or when McGonagall got in a fight with Professor Trelawney during her third year. As soon as Beatriz was sure that the spell had arrived, she stopped forcing herself to smile and instead she looked down at the woman at her feet.