Controlled.

Beatriz noticed that the three left the library simultaneously, they had told her about researching the stone and so she knew what they had been up to. Their faces looked as guilty as they ever could and their smiles grew, making her feel nervous and also a little happy. It was no secret that she enjoyed getting in trouble and she always had done, with consequences of course but Beatriz was never bothered by consequences or as mother would say, 'repercussions for ill-thought-out and insufferable actions', quite the lady.

"Hello, you three. I must be off, perhaps chapter 15 would be more useful than 14? Not that I would ever know a thing about what you are doing." She winked and found herself walking into the common room to revise a little more and then head off to bed. It would be a long night and the poor anticipation, the quick and abrupt actions were getting worse as the three realised that it was getting close to the time for the stone to be taken. To begin with, the setting of Snape's cape on fire seemed a little overboard but it suddenly became apparent that it was nothing to the utter mischief that laid beneath all of their actions.

By the time Beatriz had returned to the common room, it was quiet and it was late, curfew having past a while before. Harry, Hermione and Ron hadn't even returned for a while though, up to something as always but she loved that, it was like a proper home during the year.

The sofa was sat on and paper was pulled out onto her lap, words filling her mind and the need to do well hit in. She held high standards for herself and it was no secret that McGonagall had higher standards as well.

"Hello." Neville had wandered in, blue pyjamas on and slippers, a toad followed closely and he sat with his face to Beatriz, she was practically done with her work and it was growing darker. Not much else could be done for the night and so the work was being packed up to be carried. Just as this was coming to an end though the portrait swung open and the three troubles all walked in.

Harry stopped only for a second but Hermione then pulled at him and they all walked into the boys' area. Beatriz knew that they were up to something but she would ask a little later as they seemed to be busy to her. For a brief second Hermione's eyes lingered on Beatriz's form but she walked with them and Beatriz was left with Neville. That wasn't a bother for her though because he was a lovely boy who always seemed to have the worst sort of luck. The way he spoke about his grandmother told others that she was more important in his life than most. A brave soul that one.

"Neville, I hope you don't mind me asking but, don't you see your parents much?" He nodded but there in his eyes was misery that made her want to drop the subject entirely. He was normally a jolly boy, even if it hadn't been long since Snape had told him off for a failed potion. Hermione had helped but it didn't give great results when Snape would loom over him. All he could do was rattle like a bag of nerves.

"My parents are ill so I only get to see them when my grandmother takes me to St Mungo's." She nodded to let him know that she heard and understood but the tone in his voice wasn't the calmest or happiest so Beatriz got a little more involved with the work that sat before her. More words would have to be made into proper sentences and answers given.

Snape hadn't made the work easy and yet it was all over just as quickly as ever. By the time Beatriz had completed all that she needed or rather wanted to do for the night, the three still hadn't been seen but for a few brief moments, she thought that she had heard them. Not that it mattered though because the large portrait had swung open and in walked an unhappy professor.

"Beatriz. I need a word. If you could just follow me to my room and we could talk about it." Beatriz slowly gathered her belongings and placed them into her bag, then the bag was slung over her shoulder but as she went to put it away McGonagall spoke again. "My dear, just bring it with you. Time isn't something to be trifled with." Beatriz immediately turned to see her mother tapping her fingers against the wall until the girl was right in front of her.

The two walked side by side in complete silence. The older woman was clearly thinking about something as they walked as her eyes were almost glazed over and as less protected areas of the school were faced she was a little close to the edge of falling off for Beatriz's liking. Still, they arrived safely, no accident and no trips had. By the time they got to the access point for the private chambers a word was spoken and they were granted access to the room.

"Mum, is everything all right? I saw that Professor Dumbledore left earlier and you haven't seemed to be okay since. Are you tired? I can go back if that is it or if you are unwell I can get Aunty Poppy." Minerva shook her head and they sat together on the sofa in the living space. Neither had addressed what had gone down the last time where they played the game of questions. Still, Minerva was her mother and she did love her with all her might.

"Perhaps you would like to grab something to eat or maybe you could sleep here for the night." Minerva held her daughter's hands and clutched them close to her body. It did mean that Beatriz was leaning in a strange way that was considerably more than a little uncomfortable and it took a second but Beatriz had managed to free her fingers.

"No thank you. I want to go back to my room if you don't have anything to say to me. Neville and I were getting along." It was an utter lie and a small part of Minerva knew that. What Beatriz wanted was to get back and see what the three were up to.

"Beatriz. Perhaps we should talk about your lessons. I know that you don't like to go into detail about what you get up to but I am your mother and we are in this together." Beatriz was hardly listening to her as she tried to think of a way to escape the room and get to the three of them.

"I'm sorry but I have a bit of a headache. Could I go to bed? We can talk tomorrow." Minerva hesitantly nodded and then watched as her daughter then left the room. Only, Beatriz ran quickly to the common room and the delay of the password annoyed her to no end.

"Bea? What are you doing back here already? Have the four of you done it that quickly?" Beatriz questioned him silently and watched as he struggled to move at all. His lips could move but that was as far as he got. He sighed out and then muttered a spell under his breath and Beatriz then laughed slightly before then casting the counter curse and helping him up to his feet. Still a little wobbly and his legs jiggled from where they had been jinxed.

"What happened?" Was rushed out as Neville was then brought to the sofa and eyes travelled over his body that looked a little stiff from the body binder that he had been subject to.

"They left and when I tried to stop them Hermione cast Locomotor Mortis. My legs were locked and all I could do was move some of my body. They went for the stone. I thought that you knew and I don't know. When Professor McGonagall called for you I wasn't sure what was happening and then they were off and I just thought that you knew about it all." Beatriz patted his knee and then directed him to the steps so that he could sleep.

"Goodnight Neville." Was softly spoken and when the sound of a door closing was heard Beatriz walked to the frame and it moved open. The steps would have to be waited for but as the portrait swung closed all of the colour in Beatriz's face was lost and eyes were as wide as could be.

"Beatriz. It is lovely to see you but I must admit that I was under the impression that you told your mother that you were ill. She wasn't so sure but I believed you. I wasn't wrong was I?" He was trying to hold the high ground but as the steps swung around Beatriz then climbed them and pushed past the pair as they were then left in her wake. Her steps were such a rush that they couldn't quite believe it. What they did know was that she was in a rush though and she was headed in a very specific direction.

"Beatriz." Was spoken but no response came. It was a rough year for both professors and it only seemed to get worse as the year went on. The looming threat of an attack was on the rise and Albus feared that it wasn't only on the rise but actually occurring and if he was right about how fast Beatriz was going, she was about to involve herself in it. The attack had started and all that could be done was to try and minimise the damage.