Beatriz Isobel Urquart.

"Oh, Shark Bait you are a fickle mistress." Was given in a sigh as hands rummaged around for something. It was unknown to Beatriz that a pair of beady eyes had stuck to her since she had started packing. Clothes and toiletries were shoved into a trunk, the cat cage was empty and Beatriz was on her hands and knees beneath the bed. A defeated sigh escaped her lips and slowly she climbed out from under the bed and picked at the bag of cat food. "You fat lard, come get your dinner." Was then spoken and a shuffling of feet from the door was heard. Quickly she turned and hoped to see the cat but it was Minerva.

"You remind me of your father when you are like this. Persistent and determined but you are always having fun." A smile crossed Beatriz's face and a reminiscent one was held on Minerva's. The school was so important to both of them and yet it felt worse for Minerva as she would say farewell to her little girl as she met people her age.

"You do realise that I am calling for my cat right? I just called Shark Bait a fat lard. And you, you are also a cat. Do you want to tell me something, mother? I mean, dad can't insult you now." A black eyebrow was lifted and Minerva signalled for the girl to carry on packing, and she did. It wasn't long after that the cat was found and a black beast was unhappily placed into a cage. It felt wrong for the cat to be caged and then put into another room in the same building but that was what Albus had asked for.

Daisy the house-elf was called and with a pop, she took the clothes and cat. The next time she saw them it would be in her room with the new students. Some of which would become her friends, hopefully, and it filled her stomach with butterflies. The twins had sworn to always be her friends but they were two or so years older than her. One thing she did know was that Harry Potter would be joining them and it had to bring a bit of drama into the situation.

"Will Harry be safe? I mean, not the evil bit but if a rude person thinks they are better, if they want to be all strong and challenge Harry. Couldn't he get hurt?" Minerva ran a hand down Beatriz's hair and then onto her shoulder. A hand squeezed the shoulder and let a sigh out.

"That could happen to anyone. I mean, you once did some accidental magic that even Albus found hard to battle. Poor Filch had no chance against it. As far as I can see, you are at just as much risk of that as he is. Not that I am saying it is okay to fight, you hear me?" Beatriz nodded and walked on. Minerva had to be at the top of the steps and Beatriz would have to stand by the docks for the boats. Water not being a thing she liked.

The land grew darker and older students could be heard as they entered. The air grew colder and a little darker. Beatriz wasn't afraid of the dark but she was scared of it, but when the lake was that close, it seemed to be a little more daunting to her. She knew a little of what dwelt in the lake. When the voice of Hagrid met her ears she calmed and watched as students all got to land. She didn't know any of them but that wasn't a bother, a year could change a lot in a life as young as theirs and especially at a place such as Hogwarts.

"Hermione Jean Granger. You are?" A hand was then extended and Beatriz shook it. Brown, bushy hair was seen for a second before they walked on some more.

"Beatriz Isobel Urquart. I've never heard the name Granger before," Was muttered and a smile was then seen. Clearly, they had bonded for a second before they heard the command to follow a certain path for the overall goal of meeting Professor McGonagall.

Sure enough at the top of the steps, she stood. Both girls hung back a little but a famous Harry Potter stood upfront and clearly nervous. The ginger that he stood beside caught a few eyes as they knew some resemblance was there but they had no clue what it was. The group loudly came to a halt as the woman welcomed them all, a harsh Scottish accent carrying through her tone.

"The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." She sounded a little squeaky as she spoke but it was put down to the loud way in which she had to carry her voice.