Fighting your Demons.

Light snores, quiet hums of sleep and turning bodies filled all four of the Hogwarts' houses. Students and professors found themselves in a deep sleep, mostly. Unbeknown to most of the school, trouble had begun to brew and yet three-quarters of the school wasn't even aware of where they were. Beatriz had found herself in bed, wearing black pyjamas with planets all over them. One particularly large Saturn was residing on her top and it had humanistic characteristics, Saturn stood with rings around it, seemingly dancing. "Hopeless fish with no cyanide to prostrate with," Beatriz mumbled as she flipped over, her black hair was pulled into two plaits that her mother had insisted on doing for her, just like old times.

"Students! Students! You are to get out of bed." The familiar voice filled the Gryffindor Common Room and with it, startled students arose and jumped from their beds, not believing what they were hearing. A few students had heard the command but opted to stay in their rooms, just for a moment as they found glasses or pulled on more appropriate clothes. Individuals who had slept in underwear had opted not to embarrass themselves while others rushed to the toilet for a quick pee. Beatriz left last as she pulled on socks and shoes quickly. Her beady green eyes scanned every last room as she made sure that everyone else was out of bed before she stood at the top of the steps to the girl's dormitories.

"What's going on?" Beatriz shrugged as she was asked the question. Younger students were anxiously waiting and one particularly small student was held close by their older brother who was still wiping sleep from his eyes.

"The Headmaster has taken a short break and as such, we will need to meet in the Great Hall. Don't worry about anything, we are in a rush. Follow your prefects out." Her stern tone sent them all travelling as fast as they could from the room. Just as Beatriz tried to fall into formation, a hand fell to her arm.

"Mum, what's going on?" The question was left in the air as students left, glancing back at Professor McGonagall and Beatriz who were behind them, not appearing to move at all.

"This is it. Harry's in the school, He Who Shall Not Be Named will be here soon. The school is in danger. Beatriz, I need you to come with me, you'll stay with your uncle. He's not feeling well and he is probably fast asleep so he won't even know you've arrived until this is all over." The pair began to walk from Gryffindor Common Room quickly.

"No, mum. I'm not doing that." Her eyes grew wider as she glared up at her mother. "I have spent the past year being a coward, you told me to bite my tongue and to stay out of trouble, so I did. But look at where that got me. Half of my house is missing, goodness only knows how Luna is faring. Imy's hiding still and I haven't heard a peep from her. I will not go quietly. Why would I? In case you have forgotten, I am one of the oldest students in this school and I am of age, or does that mean nothing to you? This needs to stop, I know that I am your daughter and you are worried about me but that does not mean that you can stop me from fighting." The pair had managed to arrive in the Great Hall and McGonagall found herself standing at the front of the school, having to talk to them.

Faces, some familiar and others less so, filled the hall, students and Order of the Phoenix members had filled the space. When faces of students who had gone into hiding were seen, Beatriz rushed over to them, her heart was pounding and her eyes were still full of sleep. Their anxious faces soon filled with careful smiles as they met her and hugs were shared. Beady green eyes examined the room around her but no matter how hard she fought to see Imogen, her blonde hair and brown eyes eluded her. "Imogen's still hiding. Nobody has heard anything about her from what I've heard. Sorry Bea, but I'm sure she will come back after all this is over. Just wait." Beatriz didn't muster any words as she silently agreed with what they had said.

Finally, students from all houses had the opportunity to leave but Beatriz confidently sat, waiting to hear what she could do for her school. Harry had at one point mentioned the famous Ravenclaw Diadem but she was of little help, instead, Beatriz was left to position herself in a place that would allow her to not only fight but where she could cause damage. McGonagall, trembling slightly, was forced to leave her daughter behind as she had to place wards up over the castle. The time soon arose as Beatriz braced herself for what was to come. The corridor she covered would have a relatively high footfall and so, many witches and wizards were stood beside her. Soon the time arose and steps echoed down the hall, her wordless magic was a little poor as she had barely been given enough time to learn it which meant that her attacks were easily comprehended and so defended against. One Death Eater, since known as Dolohov, had managed to face her on his own. Determined not to use the Killing Curse, Beatriz was forced to attempt to stun and render enough pain. It wasn't until another's wand shot out at Doholov that she managed to break free of him. The Great Hall was last to be located as Beatriz returned, just as she did, a sight caught her eye that made her heart sink, her mother was cornered by two unknown Death Eaters and they were starting to break through her defence. Beatriz was reacting before her body could know what was going on as she lifted her wand and shouted a spell aloud. "Avada Kedavra." A jet of green shone through and two bodies slumped to the floor. The jet had placed a target over Beatriz which meant that she had to work even harder to break free, a few kind faces were sure to help her but she watched darkness cover their eyes for a moment. Just as exhaustion had grown, students had fallen out of breath and sleep trickled back into them, relief came as the voice of Voldemort echoed through the school. Informing them that they would have enough time to tend to their injured. All he wanted was Harry.

"Beatriz, did you just kill those people?" Forced into disgusted silence, Beatriz didn't even attempt a defence as she ran over to her mother.

"They were going to kill you." Arms wrapped around one another for only a moment as the bodies of those who had died were left, sprawled on the floor. No longer in pain. The sight of Lupin and Tonks startled Beatriz as she watched their lifeless bodies on the floor, their hands weren't quite touching and so carefully, trying not to react to their lifeless bodies on the floor, Beatriz crouched down, moving their hands to touch. Tears and cries soon echoed over the Great Hall and Beatriz was left wondering as she watched the Weasley family try to comfort one another. Careful steps led her over to them and as she looked down, a sight she had never even dreamt of met her. Fred laid down, dead. George held tight to Ron as they both buried their faces away, hiding from the outside world. Tears grew and quietly dropped as Beatriz witnessed the scene before her. Her chest began to rise and fall unevenly as bile threatened to escape from her mouth.

"Come here, Bea," Mr Weasley managed to wrap his arms around her as Molly held Ginny close to her. Time slipped by as Fred was grieved, George didn't seem to be able to stand straight as he leant on his family. Just as their eyes had dried out, approaching figures emerged from the Dark Forest, feeling their heartbeats rise, those who had remained in the castle began to climb outwards, meeting in the courtyard.

"Harry Potter is dead." His declaration brought an unearthly yelp from McGonagall who was met by her daughter. Voldemort's vile laugh echoed through them as Harry's lifeless body was glanced over.

"Mum, I thought Albus said that Harry had to do it." Missing her daughter's words, McGonagall, along with the crowd gasped as Harry managed to stand, his wand held high at Voldemort whose angry red eyes shone towards him.

The fight soon took to the Great Hall as students and staff cast spells against unknown evils, Order of the Phoenix members were reliving their past as they fought off death, some losing and some winning. "Not my daughter, you bitch." Beady green eyes lost focus as she glanced across to the cause of the words. Beatriz watched as Molly killed Bellatrix, the moment of rage brought out an even more furious side of Voldemort who cast about an even more damaging spell, one had landed on Beatriz's chest, sending her flying back and smacking her head on the stone below. Before she could stop it, another spell landed on her, the trail of red and burning pains across her body were unmistakable as Beatriz was subjected to the Cruciatus Curse, tiring her out. By the time the spell had stopped, silence had filled the Great Hall but with all of her strength, she couldn't tell why.

"Bea, come here." McGonagall hunched over her daughter and tried to help her stand but a yelp of pain left her as she tried to stand on her left foot. "Oh, you've definitely broken it." Beady green eyes watched the quiet hall as celebrations barely managed to rise, smiles rested on faces but they appeared pained. Beatriz failed to see the dead body of Voldemort for a while as her vision had become unfocused, but once she saw him, a hot breath left her nose as relief washed over her, panic washed out of her system. The relief soon washed out of her as she was forced to lean on her mother's shoulder who was kneeling in front of her, as Beatriz's ankle found itself pushed into a plastic brace. More yelps left Beatriz as spells were cast over the injury until McGonagall stood and supported her daughter, bringing her to stand with her friends.

"I can help her." Charlie offered and McGonagall reluctantly handed over her daughter who leant across him.

"I'm going to move him." A few Order of the Phoenix members followed, using their wands to lift the lifeless body of a man who had been the cause of so much more death and despair.

"Looks like you took a beating," Charlie commented, making Beatriz huff out a laugh.

"It could have been worse. You don't look like you've been hurt at all, I guess your experience with dragons helped you there." Charlie silently agreed as the pair stood, surrounded by people, celebrating and grieving,  and yet the pair felt alone.

"I'm glad you survived. Even if it was in your pyjamas." Charlie's words had pushed air across Beatriz as he dipped and grazed his lips over her cheek, making her blush.

"Maybe I'll survive more often," Beatriz muttered as she nudged Charlie gently. The moment was broken for the pair as their eyes both fell to the body of Fred Weasley.