Slug's Club.

Snow barely dared to drop for weeks but seemingly overnight it all came falling down. Weathered shoes dragged through the snow as laughing students ran through the halls of Hogwarts. Beatriz, however, found herself in the staff room. "I am telling you that Albus knows what he is doing." Rolling her eyes, Beatriz turned to face her moving mother once again.

"Mum, there hasn't been a single professor who lasted longer than a year in the Defence Against the Dark Arts position since 84. If Professor Snape is teaching it then he is jinxed. Mum, what if he dies like Quirinus did? I know that he can be a little harsh and he isn't particularly fond of me, or anyone who isn't a Slytherin, but this isn't fair." A swish echoed from the corner of the room but both parties involved in their conversation were too occupied to notice.

"And your concern for Severus is heart-warming. But, you do not run this school and nor do I so this conversation is pointless." McGonagall had started piling up the parchment that she was due to mark on the table that sat before her as a quill was plucked out of her bag.

"You said it yourself, this world isn't safe anymore. I just don't want anything else to change, Dumbledore's hand looks cursed and he isn't here, ever, the Ministry is freaking out about everything. I can't set foot outside of Hogwarts and you're stressed. Everyone is. I just don't want Professor Snape to leave as well. I know that Dumbledore is here but I feel like Hogwarts is only safe if the staff can be trusted. Katie was cursed right under our noses and if she hadn't touched the necklace, goodness only knows what would have happened. Imy's only allowed to study here because her family don't know what's happening but that won't last forever. She's just waiting for the letter telling her to go home. Everything's different, it's scary and I just want everyone to be safe, I want Professor Snape to be safe," Beatriz admitted as she sat at the table next to her mother.

"Your Alchemy lesson starts soon. If you don't leave now, you might be late. Off you go dear." Beatriz stood furiously as she huffed, grabbing her bag from the floor. Just as Beatriz had straightened her hat and pushed up her tie, McGonagall spoke once again. "I love you, Bea. Don't forget that," McGonagall hummed.

"I love you too," Beatriz replied in a whisper, just loud enough to be heard as she then bent down and hugged her mother for a moment. By the time the exchange was over, the door was headed to but Beatriz halted and felt her cheeks tint red as she met a pale face with a hooked nose and dark features.

"Touching, Miss Urquart." Before Beatriz could sidestep him, something was thrust in her direction. A book. "I found this in my personal library. I assume it is yours. Or was." She took it gratefully but as her eyes landed on it, her smile grew to the largest she had mustered in days.

"It is mine. Thank you, Professor Snape." Leaving the room, heading to her next lesson, Beatriz threw the small book into her pocket as she tried to hide it from other people's view as she noticed how busy the corridor was. By the time Alchemy started, Lisa Turpin had swung into the seat beside her as they endured the hour together until the bell rang and Beatriz made her way back into Gryffindor Common Room.

"Oy, Bea, what's that?" Imy dramatically dropped into the seat beside her as Lavender and Parvati read their horoscope together.

"It's a diary mum gave me when I was, maybe six, Professor Snape found it in his private library." Covering the small book was a picture of a cat on its back, playing with a green ball of wool that had begun to unravel around the front of the book. Carefully turning over the hardcover, the first page was read. Beetris had been sprawled over almost the whole side of paper. A few more pages were flicked through as pictures and random words had been written when something caught her eye.

"What does it say?" Imy glanced across the lines and attempted to read the scruffy writing that had coated the page.

"Wen I gro up, I wunt two b lick- I think the next word is mummy- but Albs and Sevrs wud b ok two." Beatriz laughed as she read the words she had written.