17th Birthday.

Loud, boisterous chatter filled the halls of the Burrow. Molly had spent the morning shouting about potatoes as the twins looped around her. Faces still soured at the sight of George's ear, or lack thereof as he began to heal. "Hermione, dear, go and get Bea." Harry's eyes darted upwards as he heard Molly speak, the words that had fallen from her lips took him by surprise.

"Is Bea here? I just thought that, if she was here she would have come and given me my present herself."  Ron had filled his mouth with food, as had the others in the kitchen.

"Of course Bea is here, after what happened last year Minerva thought it would be best if she wasn't at Hogwarts right now. But, from the moment she arrived here Bea has locked herself away in her room. She's sharing with Ginny and Hermione. I don't know what she could possibly be up to all day," Molly admitted as she scrubbed a dirty dish.

"She reads a children's book and watches her Chocolate Frog card of Dumbledore. She is even more upset than I thought she would have been. I didn't think they were that close," Ginny grunted as she brought another mouthful of food to her lips.

"That's because you don't remember Bea before she was a student. Dumbledore was the closest thing she had to a father. From the age of eight, every summer, including last summer, they would spend a week in another country. Neither of them ever admitted to what they got up to but if my memory serves me right, they both liked to create mischief." Steps soon echoed as two individuals made their way down. "Every day I send someone to bring her out of her room, today is the first time she seems to have left." Hermione emerged first with a small smile on her face as she then took her seat at the table and Beatriz followed closely behind. The Delacours had pretended not to hear them speak but it was impossible not to.

"Happy birthday, Harry." Harry thanked her as she sat beside him and flicked open the book. Scribbled handwriting that he recognised caught his eye and he quickly read what had been written on the inside cover of the book.

To Beatriz Isobel Urquart,

I hope you like the stories inside, they reminded me of you. Maybe one day you will be able to live in a fairytale of your own. Perhaps not a fairytale as gory as those written within these pages but a fairytale all the same. Knowing you, you would be the daring witch who saves the life of the foolish wizard. Happy 10th birthday, here's to many more.

Love, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

The cover page was soon flicked back over and a bookmarked page was opened. The bookmark had been the Chocolate Frog card Ginny had mentioned and Beatriz began to read The Tale of the Witch Henrietta and her Useless Gnome Followers. "Beatriz, have you heard from your mother dear?" Black hair swung around her as she lowered the book enough to gulp down some water.

"No, I told Pigwidgeon not to come back until she gave him a letter but the owl came back empty clawed. Mum probably bribed the bird to leave her alone." Ron shuffled and grunted as he stopped stroking his owl. "Anyway, if you don't mind, I would like to fly. Unless anyone is going to object to that." Heads shook to disagree as Beatriz slid her book onto a shelf as she escaped the house and instead found the field where she was free to fly around in the July sun.

Hours escaped Beatriz as a few familiar faces joined her in the air a few times, relaxing for Harry's birthday. Soon the night sky was fast approaching and Beatriz recalled the promise she made to her mother, to stay close and wherever other people could see her. Reluctantly, the four returned to the Burrow for the night as tables were brought into the garden and balloons hung around them.

Faces that hadn't been seen for a while began to surface as Ginny, Ron, Harry and Beatriz approached the food. "I've seen this before, the four of you returning from playing Quidditch, Harry's messy hair, Ginny's red cheeks, Ron's struggling to breathe and Beatriz's messy bun. This looks like that picture mum sent me. I should have expected this." The arrival of Charlie had shocked those playing Quidditch as they tried to act unsurprised. If Beatriz wasn't already tomato red from the exercise she would have shone even brighter in colour. "Happy birthday, Harry." A present moved from Charlie to Harry who took it gratefully as everyone was getting ready to start eating.