Studying Muggles Alone.

"Muggles are stupid, they can't see what is right in front of them. This is exactly why it has been so easy for Muggles to be killed. They're asking for it really," Alecto Carrow announced as the lesson was drawing to a close.

"You're asking for a punch," grumbled Beatriz as she looked around the room, waiting for the bell to ring, bringing the lesson to a close.

"What was that Urquart?" Her mumble had been heard and every fibre of Beatriz wanted to stop the woman before her but she couldn't. Before a response could be made, the Cruciatus Curse rang from her wand and a thousand knives seemed to plunge into her skin as she left the ground for almost ten seconds. As the pain ran away from her, Beatriz felt her body drop down by a few feet as the bell rang for the end of class. They were commanded to leave and they did, in single file until the turning for their next class arrived and they parted ways.

Careful not to push too hard, Beatriz touched the back of her head which had begun to form a small lump. The pain stretched out from the point of contact and Beatriz was forced to flinch away as she drew close to her next class, Herbology. As the greenhouse was spotted, a black figure drew closer. Snape was rarely out of his office but it looked like he was returning from the school gates. "Miss Urquart, could you pick that up for me? Thank you, lovely." Professor Sprout passed in a hurry as she headed towards the classroom. Pots and paper were tucked in her arms but as Beatriz picked up the items that had been dropped, Professor Snape was dangerously close, he seemed to be examining her every action.

As she met his eye, all she could think of was Dumbledore. Beatriz had reminded herself that at the start of the school year she had been worried about Snape who held the Defence Against the Dark Arts position but by the end of the year, she had wished that it was Snape who had fallen from the Astronomy Tower. As if reading her mind, which Beatriz was sure he couldn't do, Snape seemed to look away, as if hurt by something. "Quicky, Urquart. You don't have all day." Snape quickly began to climb the steps to the front doors when Beatriz's faint voice emerged from deep in her chest.

"I wish you didn't have all day." Sure he had heard her, Beatriz crouched to the floor, waiting for the familiar pull of pain but it didn't come. When his deep voice spoke again, she had flinched out of instinct.

"Urquart, did I not make myself clear? Go to Herbology, now." The command was enough for Beatriz who climbed to her feet again and didn't dare to turn back as she escaped down the hill towards her class, who were already potting the latest plant that they had studied in their last class.

"Oh, Urquart, you're here. Are you hurt?" Beatriz shook her head as she found her place and quickly caught up with the rest of the class. "You said you weren't hurt. Why is there blood on the floor? Beatriz, it doesn't matter what Severus did, if you tell me I can help you." Furrowing her eyebrows, green eyes zoomed around, looking for the blood when a stinging pain ran through her head and her hand shot to it.

"Oh, no. That's from Muggle Studies." Professor Sprout sighed out and walked to the front of the class.

"Abbott, escort Urquart to Madam Pomfrey. Come right back afterwards." The blonde Hufflepuff student agreed quietly as Beatriz returned her belongings to her bag and slowly began the climb to the Hospital Wing.

"What happened?" Hannah curiously asked as they entered the Entrance Hall.

"I said that Professor Carrow was asking for a punch. In hindsight, it wasn't very smart of me but Muggle Studies has become a joke. I don't recall meeting many Muggles but they aren't quite as bad as she says they are. My grandad was a Muggle and mum loves-loved him." Beatriz whined as they slowly climbed the stairs, a headache had grown and Beatriz was struggling to focus her eyes as they approached the open doors of Madam Pomfrey.