Innocent Eyes.

Beatriz had always been stubborn but it appeared that something was going to have to snap eventually, her obedience grew to be alarming for Minerva as the usual tactics weren't working. No poking of any sensitive subjects would stir so much as a witty retort or angry stomp. It wasn't normal for her but it was coupled with the rise of acne on her face. It felt odd for Minerva to see her daughter undergo any of those processes that almost all of her students were in the process of.

"I'm going for a walk. Try to warm up." The castle was the warmest it had been in ages and yet Beatriz was complaining of being frozen. Even though only moments before she had been so warm that even just a thin top and shorts were too much. Cold baths weren't pleasant for her and it perplexed Minerva to no end.

"You just said that you were boiling. Now you have a full body of fabrics and your hair is down again. You don't have to tell me everything but I could at least know what you are up to." Beatriz found herself then sniffing and sneezing and it felt like her body was in a hot fuzz. A headache forming and a brain tingle run all over her.

"I think I have the flu or something. Not feeling great at all." As soon as Beatriz admitted this Minerva was with her daughter in a second and stripping the full outfit aside from the base layer. Blankets were grabbed and Beatriz was ushered to her bed for the day. It was supposed to be a pleasant day but illness wasn't a respecter of a nice day. "I'm not too bad. Just tired and I want to sleep all the time." Minerva ran her hand over the little head and pulled out some books for her to read. They had been selected for the holiday when it was raining but it may as well have been raining as Beatriz couldn't leave the room.

"Sleep helps your body heal. Now, read and sleep. I will grab you some food. If anything happens tell me but do not leave the bed unless you absolutely have to and I mean, if someone is about to die or if you need the toilet and even then nothing overactive. I know you. Not one to be lazy." Beatriz nodded and she watched as her mother left the room but just as Minerva turned to leave, the old bag that was falling apart was transfigured into a box of tissues and not a moment too soon as a sneeze claimed her.

Beatriz woke to a soft snore and a smile covered her face as she saw that Daisy the house-elf was asleep at the end of her bed. Clearly, she was supposed to keep an eye on her but it was late and all living things had to sleep. Not Snape though. Even if it wasn't him that was after the stone. Just as Beatriz picked up the book again a sneeze started and a tissue was then picked up. Only, when she pulled back the paper it was aflame and it had to be thrown to the stone floor and a book thrown on it to stop the flames. The lack of oxygen seemed to work but it startled the elf awake and with a pop, Daisy was gone. Beatriz tried to tell the elf to not wake her mother but clearly, Daisy was a little frazzled.

"I thought I heard something. Did the book fall?" As Minerva watched the book be lifted the remains of the tissue were seen and Beatriz just looked at it with a mind full of confusion. She had no clue what could have caused the flame.

"I sneezed and the tissue was on fire. The flames were bigger than my face so I dropped it and then I threw the book over it. Sorry if I woke you." Minerva met the girl's side and a temperature was felt. Hands then travelling to the blanket as it was pulled back and spots were seen. A hint of green as well and as this happened Minerva felt the colour drain from her face and Beatriz saw it.

"Dragon Pox. I will go get Poppy. Avoid sneezing but Daisy will be in here with you if you do, so she can be the one to deal with it. Rest up. It will help you heal. I can run a bath while Poppy is here and when she is gone you can get in." Beatriz nodded and closed her eyes before turning onto her side again and trying to sleep only she felt too ill to sleep and by the time the sound of a rushing Poppy met her ears she was too tired to cope.

"Stop scratching." Beatriz hadn't even realised that she had been scratching but it stopped and soon there was a looming Poppy. Checking and thinking before finally potions were given and many more would be needed. "Snape will make you some potions and you can be my daily patient. Now, I need to go write to Severus. Rest up sweet one." Beatriz couldn't sleep despite the fact that she was feeling tired and Minerva slowly walked the girl over to a place to wash and the heat of the bath relaxed her immensely.

As soon as the water felt a little cooler a towel was grabbed and Beatriz changed into spare clothes just as she called for her mother. It was odd for Minerva. Her daughter hadn't really been ill in the past but it seemed that her time of health was over almost in an instant. The greenish skin, the spots and the weak appearance of the small witch would normally have been a dead give away but it seemed that Beatriz had masked her illness well.

"I'll just sleep. Thank you, mum." Minerva took the hint and it wasn't until the day before school was due to start that Beatriz seemed to perk up a little as letters were written. Poppy had spent a lot of time with the girl as Minerva had to be elsewhere with Dumbledore fairly often.

"Come on. We can go pick up your school supplies today. Better late than never." Beatriz changed into a jumper and jeans before following out the door as Minerva quickly walked. Beatriz wasn't accustomed to the long walks or fast ones so breath was difficult to catch as they moved to the edge of the grounds and then left in a pop. Bile was cast by Beatriz but in a flash, it disappeared and the pair walked down the street.

"Beatriz. Oh, are you okay? You look a little paler than usual." A nod came and in that brief second of a delay, she had lost sight of her mother.

"Do you ever feel like you are the last person in the world someone wants to be with? She hasn't slowed down since we decided to leave for supplies. Actually, now that I think about it. School starts tomorrow. What are you two doing here?" George took a step in the direction of Beatriz and Fred followed this with a brazen word.

"Reasons." A smile spread across Beatriz's face and the twins liked it. Clearly, they had a connection of utter mischief but it was quickly caught when a loud shout of her name was heard.

"Minerva is calling me but I would like to know all about this tomorrow. See you two." A wave was given in a farewell and then off the three went. The twins moved in the opposite direction to Beatriz and a slight thrill ran through her at the thought of what they would be up to.

"Where have you been? I called for you and now you appear from nowhere and if I didn't know better that look on your face tells me you were up to nothing good." Beatriz was slightly out of breath as she had to run to get to Minerva but after a very deep breath, she responded.

"I'm not feeling well and you were practically running away from me. The twins said hi and by the time I waved back, you were gone. I waited where I had lost you like you always tell me to." Her mother knew that it was the truth and that it wasn't Beatriz's fault so the matter was dropped and the pair got through the crowd to the needed shops. A few faces looked familiar but that was it. By the end of the day, both of them were exhausted and Beatriz looked like she may just drop and sleep at any point.

"Come on. We should get back home." Minerva was a mother that parented with an iron fist and nothing was left to simmer, anger, disappointment. All of it was dealt with as soon as it started but there were a few rare moments where the kinder side would show. The tired and softer side would gleam and it was nice to see on occasion. Every time Beatriz began to see it though, the memory of her mother keeping her past hidden resurfaced and the thought of some man working the fields could have been the man that her mother married.

Once at the gates bile was seen and cleaned again before the pair walked up to the castle and began the walk to their private quarters. Beatriz had gotten far too used to sleeping for most of the day and so it was a struggle for her to be awake for so long but it had been done. The day ending in Beatriz collapsing onto her bed and sleeping all night long.