Welcoming Speech.

Dumbledore stood and with immediate effect, the whole room fell silent, witches and wizards alike all turned to him.

His words had never been listened to quite so closely and the twins were audibly infuriated with the news of the Triwizard Tournament not being for their age range. As soon as it was said and they fell quiet though, the twins caught Bea's eye and she saw the look that passed. They had something up their sleeve and a smile grew at the idea. That one glance managed to keep Beatriz distracted until the meal had started.

"Mad-Eye Moody? That sounds as respectable as the last few professors Dumbledore has hired here. You-Know-Who, a half-wit and a werewolf. He is just another nutter to add to the list." Draco joked but he soon found his food lifting and smacking him right in the face. Gravy slopped down his face and landed on his pants, a dark pool was seen and soon it began to run down his trousers and onlookers had to stifle a laugh as the hot liquid glided down his thighs, conveniently leaving a brown streak across his lower waist.

"You know, for a rat, you complain a lot. Besides, if it really was a massive issue and Dumbledore was as bad as you claim he is, why are you still a student here?" Beatriz flicked her eyes across his dirtied face and gave an evil giggle while rolling her eyes and turning back to the table. The conversation around her grew boring and her eyes quickly began to wander. Beatriz watched the flickering candles as the wax never seemed to get any smaller and yet they all look used. Her hand moved out to the girl beside her and Imy looked at what Beatriz had been monitoring.

"If the candles never get any smaller then why does the wax look like it is melted?" Imy shrugged in response and went back to her pie.

"You haven't touched any food since we came in." Hermione had mumbled and Beatriz looked down at her empty plate.

"I know. I ate earlier with Dumbledore so I'm not hungry. I will be hungry later though, I guess." Beatriz stuck her fork into a piece of chicken and immediately half was given to Imy and half of Imy's pie was placed onto Beatriz's plate.

"I can't begin to explain how unhygienic that is. Sharing your food and using the same utensils," Hermione complained and Beatriz didn't bother looking up.

"Watch it Granger or you might come to the same sticky end as Malfoy just now. Besides, I haven't used my cutlery yet and we used mine to share the food so it is as sanitary as any other method," Beatriz breathed out before her eyes finally moved up and a polite smile was given, raven hair dancing around her face and perfectly shining eyes meeting the room.

By the time she had eaten, the knife and fork were placed on the china and Beatriz stood. The long school robes were swaying behind her and without any hesitation, the hall was left. "I should probably talk to her." Hermione sighed out and followed shortly after. Eyes had widened fractionally as Hermione followed Beatriz out. The hall was still full of life and the two were hardly missed as the talk of the Triwizard tournament was discussed and laughs also surrounded them. The twins were perhaps the most upset of them all.

By the time Beatriz had climbed into her room, the door could not shut as Hermione entered shortly behind. No gesture was made to suggest that she had been seen and the two were moving towards their luggage, slowly unpacking them. A picture of Hermione's parents were proudly placed onto the bedside table and Hermione stopped for a second.

"What is wrong Bea? You can sometimes be grumpy but you seem worse than normal. Unless you're worried about getting detention from Snape for that trick on Malfoy." Beatriz nodded before a sigh left her lips and they both sat on the edge of their own beds.

"Snape won't give me detention, he never does, despite how much I deserve it. I, I'm just worried. The attack and the mark at the Quidditch cup is worrying me and this time, I just don't know if I will be safe. If that man is really coming back then surely, we are all in danger. You're Muggle-born. I'm Half-blood and Imy, well. She is being raised by her muggle father. Hermione, if this turns out like last time. Mum won't survive, neither will I and you will be one of the first to go. Especially if you have such strong associations with Harry." Hermione listened and could hear the panic rise in Beatriz but a small, gentle smile was all that could be given.

"Well, I trust Dumbledore and for as long as he is our Headmaster, I know we will be safe. Perhaps this year things may be difficult, but the Triwizard Tournament will be fun. We can watch people take part in different activities. Although, it is very dangerous so I wonder what they plan to do to keep it safe this year. Besides, you have been off with me for a while now. Perhaps there is more to it than just this panic. A panic that I am sure Professor McGonagall has been showing since your birth," Hermione suggested but a blank face and slow nod met her.

"Yes, I know. That doesn't mean that nothing bad will happen. Mad-eye Moody might be a good guy but our Defence professors only last a year remember. Something is going to happen and he is going to have to leave. Maybe this time the end activity of the tournament will involve murdering a professor. It isn't like Harry hasn't done it before. The stuttering professor from our first year, remember," Beatriz huffed out before looking out of the window before continuing. "And my cat died last year. I have no relationship with my mother unless it is the summer holidays and last year, you shared some shit about me that meant Harry didn't like me. Even now you think I knew about Sirius, which I did not." Hermione cleared her throat and then looked out of the same window as Beatriz while the pair thought.

"Maybe this year will be different." Beatriz laughed a cruel laugh as she heard this.

"At one point Hermione, you must admit defeat. If I accept that this is my shit show of life now, I won't be drowning by the time it gets worse. I am, after all, a realist. You have your head in the clouds. Unless we are talking about something you can learn from a book." Hermione's eyes scrunched and Beatriz shrugged.

"I don't like what you are implying."

"And I didn't like you implying that I had kept a secret from Harry when you had no facts to support it. At that point, your words were idle gossip and you, Hermione Granger, should be better than that. If my mother knew half the shit that left your mouth she might not feel so proud of you. Now, as I was saying before, it appears I have to explain it to you because you jumped to a completely incorrect assumption, I meant that you are book smart. You can read a book and understand. I am socially smart. I can read a person and unlike you, I know that sometimes the words found in books aren't right. If we trusted every word we read Rita Skeeta would have singlehandedly brought down the entire wizarding world. You are a follower of others and I am a cold-hearted bitch who can't stand people who can only see life from one perspective. Like divination, you treat it like muggles do magic. You do not possess the ability to do it, and you do not understand it, this means that it is not real and it is stupid but perhaps you have to accept that divination has a time and a place. Now, I am tired, angry and the Weasley twins may have given me a mysterious sweet to try and it is hurting my head." Hermione stopped dead in her tracks as her mind clouded and then unclouded with rage.

"You idiot, the twins gave you a sweet that makes you hot-headed. It was supposed to make your head hot but it made you angry instead. Why do people insist on trying to eat everything that they have to offer? What if one was to kill you?" Beatriz snarled while preparing her bed.

"I would take it if it meant getting away from you. You are such a miserable sod, besides, I won't regret any of this tomorrow because it is all true. Besides, just because I made a choice you wouldn't have, it doesn't make me an idiot. It makes me different. I would say an idiot is a person who knowingly approaches a werewolf on a full moon, or a person who attempts to outwit Snape as an 11-year-old. Or perhaps a person who makes a polyjuice potion and can't tell the difference between a cat and a human hair. I mean, come on. If it wasn't for Madam Pomfrey you would have been screwed and people would have laughed at you. Now, both of us have made stupid mistakes but one thing I will not tolerate is you thinking that you are better or worse than anyone else just because you help Harry out. Hermione, when you learn to smile and stop chatting shit about anyone other than yourself or Harry, I would dare say that you wouldn't be a half-bad friend but as it stands, my mother hates me because I am not you and everyone else hates me because I resent you for that. Now, I won't lie, I think I might pass out so I am going to fall asleep."