Third Year Fancies.

"Bea. Come here please." Beatriz stretched and moved her skirt to make it fit more conveniently and the tie was brought to the top of the shirt.

"Mum. I'm tired, can't I just go back for a nap? The other students aren't due until the end of the day and you are going to some meeting so it isn't like I'm safer this way. Besides, Sirius would be on the train, not here." Pleading eyes had watched her mother who was busy brushing her own hair into a tight bun while her pointed hat was close by.

"No, if you get hurt you can't be alert if you are asleep, besides the news would be awful. 'Daughter of McGonagall found dead in her pink pyjamas'. That will not do one bit." Beatriz folded her arms in a huff before jamming her feet into her shoes.

"I won't be alert if I am falling asleep either. Sirius probably has no clue about me even existing. Only Harry matters in his mind and if safety is suddenly an issue then why is my new teacher a bloody werewolf?" The regret could be felt as soon as it was said.

"You have been around Mr Weasley for too long. Words like that aren't to be repeated. Do you hear me? Oh, and this year you can't help them at all. No more of your secret book giving either. If it hadn't have helped as much as it did then you would have been in a lot more trouble than just me telling you off." Eyes rolled and the door was found before finally the dark and dreary hall was seen. "Beatriz. Do you hear me?" One, slow and annoyed turn later, the two faced one another and both arched eyebrows.

"I have the capability of hearing you. Yes, mother." Air sat heavy and four beady eyes met across the room.

"I was the one that showed you how to do that. Don't think that I will be outdone by my 13-year-old daughter." McGonagall seemed to challenge her daughter as they both stuck to where they stood.

"You also tried to teach me to plait hair and bake cakes and yet only my plaits can hold in hair and only your cake sinks in the middle. The kids are just better." With one smile the two set about leaving. Beatriz being left to study in the Great Hall while a staff meeting occurred in Dumbledore's office.

"Can I be of assistance?" Peeves stood on the table, chest puffed out and hands on hips, a goofy jig had begun as he danced on the table, bouncing around as he did so.

"Not unless you can tell me how to get out of my third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh year of education and still be able to get a job that my mother can respect after." The poltergeist sat right beside her and looked over the work that she was reading.

"You could become a ghost. I have never needed to recall any of this because I am a poltergeist, I have more important things on my mind like where Snape is and what he is going to do next. Do you know by chance?" Beatriz looked at the poltergeist a second before nodding.

"He will go to the meeting, head to his office and sit for a while, feeling less grumpy than when the students are here and then he will walk up here when the time comes for the meal. The meeting will be over soon if it isn't already and the Bloody Baron should be busy with something Dumbledore asked him to do. You have time if you are quick enough." They winked before Peeves left and floated to harass the potions professor until the meal began.

"What are you looking at?" The thick accent could be heard and a smile was also heard. Something must have entertained the older woman. She had perhaps heard what Peeves had been told.

"I was just looking at my potions. Snape will only accept the best so I have to make sure that I can remember it all. I keep getting the polyjuice potion wrong. I know that I will do it this year but there was a first-year who could do it." That news wasn't too shocking for the older woman but she wasn't happy with it either. Still, she sat on the bench beside her daughter and spoke.