Chapter 1

Disclaimer:
(Y/N) will be portrayed in a more oc type way. This is only for her hair color which will be important later on in the series.

Also Dabi unfortunately won't be introduced for a few chapters only to foundation a relation ship with 2 characters. Thank you so much and enjoy the story!!! <3

Also you need to know about Dabi's secret as a ___. Other than that until this story catches up to the manga there shouldn't be any manga spoilers. I'll put a warning in the chapter if that ever happens.

-

It was late at night. You think it might have been around 9pm. You didn't have a watch so you weren't sure. The only thing that was heard was the footsteps of your friend and the crickets chirping away. It was like that until you broke the silence

"Katsuya when are we going to find a place to live," you asked

"I've already told you we can't."

"Yeah I know, the heros will arrest us," you sighed.

Katsuya looked at you and thought of a way to make your spirits lifted.

"You know I just remembered that your birthday is tomorrow, I'm pretty sure you are turning 13."

Your eyes widened.

You had forgotten about it. Honestly it never was really a thought in your mind. It was never one of your priorities.

"Yeah yeah I am," you smiled.

"I thought so... tomorrow I'll buy a cake and we'll celebrate."

Buy was his way of saying stealing.

"Really," you cheered,"gosh I think I've forgotten the taste of cake."

Katsuya laughed,"yeah I think it would be best if we had a break."

The rest of the walk to home which really wasn't a home more like a thin blanket held up by a bunch of sticks. All of it was next to a dumpster.

You set your bag down next to where you slept. Usually you would want to go to bed earlier, but your mind kept going back to the same topic it usually goes back to. Katsuya seemed to notice.

"Thinking about your quirk," He said.

You groaned, "I just don't understand why I haven't got my quirk yet."

"Your just a late bloomer."

"That's what you have been saying sense I was 7 but look at me now I'm almost 13 with no quirk."

He stayed quiet.

"I wish I had a quirk like yours."

Katsuya's quirk allowed him to release sticky string from his finger tips. It was kinda like spider webs. His quirk was really helpful to steal. He's the only reason you survived this long.

"It will come, sometimes the best things come later," he smiled.

He always knew how to make a bad situation better.

He fidgeted with the hems of his red jacket. That jacket why did he always wear that jacket.

"Katsuya why do you always wear that jacket," you asked.

"Huh... this one," he pointed to his jacket.

"What other one stupid," you deadpanned.

"Oh," he laughed," there isn't too much of a reason behind it, I found it in perfect condition actually by a bunch of falcons."