Chapter 39

I've talked to a lot of people in my life. Some happy, some sad. Some are more helpful than others. They were all different, but what made them, all the same, that they all believed in a lie. I as well believed lies I've told myself.

Besides villains, most of all the regular humans I've talked to said it was wrong to kill someone. That they couldn't bear it and their heart would wrench if it happened. Then again their father wasn't killed in front of them and their own family didn't reject them.

They said that revenge is the path to the side of villains, but I was a villain the day I was born. There was no changing that. I didn't know how I would feel after I killed Blade. I didn't know if I would be happy or sad. Now I know though.

When Blade took his final breath all the pain and suffering released from my body like feathers. People are wrong when they say revenge isn't worth it, but it is. Every moment of it is worth it. I got rid of my pain by myself.

I'm now in a new pain though. Physical. I like that better though. It only lasts for a little while, but the pain in your mind can haunt you forever, the only way to solve them is to get rid of the source of the problem. I did that.

"Get her on the bed," I heard Toga yell.

Toga's my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without her. I remember the first day we met. I was robbing a bank and she just showed up.

She didn't fear me at all. She wanted to hug me and be friends. I think that might be my favorite part about her. She's herself. More than I can say about this wretched society.

I heard Dabi's voice, "Damnit where the bandages."

It took me a long time to realize I liked him. I wanted to deny it. I wanted to just focus on my revenge, but I know now that he only made me stronger.

I loved his hair. I loved when he cuddled with me and we didn't say anything at all, just in the quietness together. I loved his eyes the most, how they glowed at night and how he looked at me. How he looked at me gave me butterflies. I can't even make eye contact for long, his gaze made my cheeks red.

Do I love him?

I felt a sudden burst of pain throughout my body. I'm being moved. Why am I being moved? It hurt. I feel like I'm being prickled with 1000 needles. Why is it so hot, everything is blurry and muffled. I don't know what is going on. My quirk won't even respond. What is going on?

Dabi's POV 1st.

We had to move her. I know she would be in pain, but we had to patch her up. I took her by her arms and Toga by her legs.

The scream that she let out terrified me. I tried to block it as best I could. Her screams stopped when we placed her on the mattress before us. She fell unconscious which I was scared about. What if she doesn't wake up.

Toga said that she was in shock and that she was in critical condition, but seeing her look so hurt I just couldn't help to think the worst. Toga did most of the work. I just handed her the things she needed while I looked at (Y/N). I don't know how Toga knows how to do this, but that didn't matter now.

"Dabi stop fucking zoning out and give me those," she pointed to the bandages next to me. I snapped out of my thoughts and handed her the bandages.

Toga did the best job she could and soon enough she had all of her wounded bandaged up. While she did that I got some of my cream that I had left in the bathroom cabinet that I forgot to take with us.

It feels so long since we had last been here. I came back out to a now bandaged (Y/N).

"She'll be fine, but she took a serious beating. I think it would be best for her to stay here for the night." I nodded at Toga.