Chapter 34

I stayed quiet for a while. The morning turned from a quiet one to a disastrous and loud one. No one dared to say anything. I tugged at my jacket for comfort.

My focal point and probably the rest of the leagues was a corpse on the ground. It wasn't even really a corpse. It was a collection of guts spread across the floor like legos.

I didn't know her well. I knew her for a few weeks at the most. She was the first person in the league that made me feel welcome. She might have had the most brains out of most of us. I didn't think that my heart would hurt so bad though. It was like a small stabbing pain in my gut.

I couldn't imagine what she felt in her last moments though. Maybe she didn't feel any pain because it happened so fast.

I looked at her guts spread across the whole floor. She wasn't even recognizable. How would we bury her? How would we clean this?

I couldn't look at her like this. I turned my head away for my head to hit Dabi's chest. There he was. I smiled into his chest.

He placed his hand softly on my head and his other holding me close. I didn't want to be weak. I didn't want to care for Magne. Has the league made me weak? Or have I always been like this? No. The league has. I can't let it, I won't let it. I'm strong. I'm strong!

A tear leaked down my face. Maybe just this once I'll allow myself to be weak.

-

It was later now. Not a lot of us were talking though. Toga seemed the most torn about Magne. She seemed to bond with her. Twice also seemed sad.

"Falcon I need to speak with you," I heard Shigaraki say from behind me. Me?

I looked at Dabi for a moment until I stood up to face Shigaraki. His hand wasn't in his face instead he was holding it in his hand while he faced me.

"It's important," he said.

I nodded my head at him. I don't know what he needed to say to me. I've never really talked to him alone before, usually, he tells the league things as a group. I might be overthinking it though.

I gave Dabi one last look before I walked off into another room with Shigaraki.

It must be his room. There was a bed in the corner and some dressers around it. The room wasn't dirty or clean. Average I would say. It was bigger than mine, maybe 2x the size, but my room was also kinda small.

Shigaraki walked over to another part of the room. There was a brown desk there and a small couch in front of it. I followed him to the desk and sat in front of him. Now let's see what Shigaraki wants.

"Kai Hassaikai... I called him earlier."

"And."

" We are to rendezvous tomorrow at his base," Shigaraki said.

"We as you and I seeing as I am the only one in here and I'm the first to be told about this I'm assuming we means you and me."

"Yes. I believe you would be the best for this," said Shigaraki, "not only is your quirk good, but it seems that Kai has taken a liking to you."

I nodded my head, "how much do we know about him."

"Not as much as I would like," he scratched his neck, " I do know that he is powerful and want to get him in prison as soon as possible. He has many pawns working for him, but we can get rid of those. Kai himself will be the hardest part."

"What's our plan for tomorrow then," I asked?

"Well, that's where you come in. I'm not the best talker and Kai is fond of you and your quirk. I think if you are there we will have a much better time making a deal," Shigaraki explained.