Chapter 41

The walk home was quiet. I suppose I wanted it to be as quiet as possible as I knew I wasn't going to hear the end of it from Dabi. I sighed as I turned the last street corner to our old base. I still knew the way there like the back of my hand.

I stepped inside, where I could feel the cold of the first floor. It was always cold on the first floor. When I made my way up to the last floor I saw no one inside. It was off as there is only one room. I still sensed that one person was here.

I turned to see the bathroom light on and movement coming inside. It was Dabi. I opened the door slowly and leaning my back on the wall.

He saw me through the mirror, but didn't give off any emotion until he was done brushing his teeth. He put his brush back on the holster and leaned on the sink. Did I mention he had his shirt off. Yeah he does. He showed off his abs so carelessly. How perfect his body is.

"You're late," he interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up to face him. His eyes not happy nor sad. I wasn't sure why he wasn't yelling at me.

"I know... I'm sorry I got distracted."

He sighed and started walking over to me and leaning on the opposite side of the entry door.

"I saw Muga," I said looking away.

"Yeah," he laughed, "where has that runt been."

"Off playing hero."

Dabi furrowed his brows, "What do you mean off playing hero?"

"Exactly as it sounds... he thinks that he can bring peace to the hero's and villains."

"Tch, he sounds like you. You thought that not so long ago."

"I know, that's why I'm afraid for him. Afraid that him playing both sides would result horribly, so I gave him a choice."

"Us or the hero's?"

I nodded, "and he chose the hero's over his family," I gulped.

Dabi slowly lifted his eyes to mine. I wasn't crying, I already had... no need for more weakness. He slowly wrapped his arm around me and his other around my waist.

"I'm not a killer Dabi," I said into his chest.

"I know," Dabi responded.

"I don't care that you or Toga kill it doesn't bother me," I tried to tell him. I didn't want him thinking that I resented him, "it's just, it was never who I was."

He pulled away from our embrace to look me in the eyes, "follow me," he cupped my face, before I nodded and followed him out of the bathroom.

He went to the window and lifted it. It look him a minute as it has gotten rusty since we have been gone and was already broken in the first place.

I wasn't sure what he was planning, but I followed him out the window. He stood there for a moment just looking out onto the distance, which wasn't much just rubbish place of a junkyard.

It gave me time to admire him. His fluffy hair softly blowing in the wind and his abs that perfectly highlighted his body. Sometimes I think he was made by a god.

His body. Definitely not his personality, he was far from it. I smiled to myself thinking about him.

"We used to come out here a lot," my head perked up to his words.

I smiled thinking about it, "Yeah, we always somehow woke up in the middle of the night and both came out here."

"Toga and Muga be sleeping and we would sleep till noon some days cause of how late we stayed up."