Chapter 40

I didn't know what came over me with Aizawa. I might have said too much. After I killed Blade I felt so good, but once I had calmed down everything inside me felt so empty. I didn't understand why.

A cold night it is. My wounds felt a little worse than when I left, but that's my own fault I should be resting. I shouldn't have had so many wounds though. I don't remember having so many when Blade took his final breath. I shrugged the thought for now.

I kicked some rocks on the way back to our old base. I missed that place. It was where I have had some of my best memories. I hope after tomorrow we will go there again one day.

My quirk sensed someone close by. I didn't see anyone, which I assumed this person was hostile.

"Come out now if you wish to live," I called out, but I received no response in return. My quirk pinpointed the person.

"Muga? Why are you hiding?"

"Why did you do that, why did you kill him?"

"He had to die. I lost everything cause of him," I put my head down trying not to look him in the eyes.

"I don't believe that."

"I'm a villain Muga, I always have been what do you want me to say."

"You're a villain, but you aren't the same. You actually care about people. I don't believe you when you say you don't feel guilt."

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm not a killer, but I'm still a villain. Do you hate Dabi and Toga then? They have killed."

"I don't hate them. I know their past. You guys were hurt by the people you loved most. So was I, I was cast out like you, but I can see now that we can change that."

"I thought I could. I thought I could change the hero society."

"Not anymore," he deadpanned?

"No," I glared. His response was hurtful, "I tried for years Muga. 10 FUCKING YEARS, a damn decade and you know what... nothing, literally nothing changed."

"So you just gave up," he yelled.

"I didn't give up," I walked over to him. I was fairly taller than him so it was easy to intimidate him, "I just realized the truth. The world won't change for your ideals. It's the sad truth that I had to accept."

"I don't believe that." I scoffed

"Goddamn I remember when you were too timid to speak, now you are too stubborn," I laughed. I walked away, my back turned to him, "you know now that I think about it I was about your age when I was preaching to the world about how corrupt the hero society was."

He stayed silent, listening to me speak.

"I guess it was all a just faze."

Now it was his turn to scoff at my words, "it's not a faze for me, you haven't seen the new generation of hero's as I have... they are kind and want to help people, some a little obnoxious, but they do."

"Maybe so."

"Please (Y/N) if anything you are the villain that the people will listen to-."

"Not anymore, not after what I've done."

"That's not true, you can atone for it and you can meet your brother right (Y/N), you you guys can reunite and-."

"You seriously think I want to meet my brother."

"Well-."

"He got everything I didn't get. He's a hero. Everyone loves and adores him. Shouts his name when he walks down the street. It makes my blood boil."